8.05.2015

THE PERFECT AM & PM CLEANSE & MOISTURIZE


In the past year I've tried a fair few cleansers and moisturizers. I've tested the waters, grazed the lands, soared through the skies on an eagle's back, and I think I've come to some conclusions. I've landed on my favourite AM/PM cleanse/moisturize duos and, well lads and lasses, I'm here to share them with you.

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
This is a funny little cleanser. When I first tried it, it seemed good, but nothing special. Since finishing it, I've realized how much I miss it. “Only know you love her when you let her go. And you let her go.” It was everything I could really ask for in a cleanser. It's a lovely cream formula, which is perfect for the morning, it leaves you feeling truly clean and refreshed without stripping your skin and it contains gentle ingredients without any fragrance.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat
I can't seem to stay away from La Roche Posay. It's a brand that's been very kind to my skin. I avoided this one product for years though because for some reason I always imagined it feeling like one of those silicon packed Smashbox primers. In reality it's not too heavy on the silicon and it's much more of a lightweight gel texture. This isn't the moisturizer for anyone with dry skin, but it's great for oily skin types. It'll add some hydration to get you through the day, but it sets matte and doesn't leave your face feeling at all greasy. I prefer this formula slightly to the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel because, despite containing fragrance, it actually feels more gentle on my skin and a smidge bit more moisturizing.

MAC Cleanse Off Oil
Why do I never hear anyone talking about this cleanser anymore?! Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places. It's so good! I love the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and I will return to it one day, but the MAC Cleanse Off Oil is just so easy to use. I can be hella lazy in the evenings – lazy enough that I can't be bothered to open up a jar and warm up a cleansing balm in my hands. I love the convenience of the pump and the oil formula. What's nice about this oil cleanser in particular is that it has no added fragrance, it contains no mineral oils (for those that care, though I can't say I do particularly) and it has a wonderful silky texture that breaks down makeup instantly. It also completely washes off with water, leaving no residue behind, which is great for those with skin too sensitive to use a wash cloth.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
This is another product that I've grown to love more and more as time has gone on. I like to make sure that my skin is actually getting a decent amount of hydration in the evening considering I'm using a gel formula during the daytime. This moisturizer delivers that hydration surprisingly well given how lightweight the formula feels. I find that if my skin is feeling particularly parched in the AM, I can add a touch of this to my LRP moisturizer and it's lightweight enough that it doesn't leave me feeling slick. It's simple, unfragranced (as most of my skincare tends to be) and gets the job done.



No comments:

Post a Comment