3.08.2015

WEEKEND GETAWAY MAKEUP

Quick and travel friendly makeup

It was back to Victoria this weekend. I headed out with a couple of friends and the mantastic and we spent two days straight gorging ourselves with delicious food (Jam Cafe being a highlight) and basking in the sunlight. It was terrible. Who would enjoy such a thing? I kid. Of course I packed up a nice little baggie of makeup and I wouldn't be a self professed beauty blogger (i.e. with no credibility but my own word) if I didn't show you the contents.

I tried to pack quick and easy to use products, as the focus of this trip probably wasn't meant to be “watch Holly do her makeup.” I started by chucking the Diorskin Nude BB Cream (Shade 02) into the pouch. It's a beautiful finish with a medium coverage that applies easily with fingers. I then threw in my MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC20). Surprise surprise. I never seem to go a day without it. In my defense I did have a couple of nasty spots pop up on the trip and nothing works better to cover them than this concealer. I also brought my MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter (Light Boost), which might seem a bit excessive, however it certainly came in handy to brighten things up what with the lack of sleep. To finish off the skin I packed the MAC Blot Powder. It's a good translucent powder that feels sturdy and travel friendly.

For brows I brought along my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz (Medium Brown). It's the perfect things for traveling - so easy to use and it has a spoolie on the end. My travel size Clinique Lash Power Feathering Mascara and a pair of eyelash curlers were also no-brainers. Since I've never been that much of an eyeshadow girl I skipped out on it altogether and instead packed the Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner and Serum. I still love me some gel liner, but this little pen is ideal for on-the-go use and it's top notch quality.

Finally, I couldn't resist taking a couple of my new Nars Lip Pencils out to see the world. Descanso and Yu were my picks. I thought a nude and a bold would be appropriate. Descanso certainly is a lovely nude, but I was particularly impressed with Yu. It didn't dry out my lips and it's so bright and pigmented. It even leaves a bit of a stain behind once the bulk of the product wares off.

24 comments:

  1. I love the Dior bb creme. Perfect light coverage for the weekend 😊

    http://thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well curated picks! I always tend to overpack :P I definitely think a light coverage base and a heavy coverage concealer go well and cover all the bases. I love the formula of the NARS Satin lip pencils - such a great product, and Yu looks like such an amazing shade!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picks, I love the sound of MAC prep and prime highlighter!

    Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dior BB Creme is so good! The shade range is the worst but other than that it's the best! Mine is just about to run out and I'm savoring every last pump.

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying out the Dior BB Creme and I love it - it's definitely gonna be in my 'weekend getaway' bag too!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try out the Dior BB Creme as I have been getting into lighter foundations x


    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shade range kills me! It's such a good product and it seems pretty popular. Why aren't there more shades?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one so much. I find the finish to be so perfect. It's not overly dewy, but it looks so natural and radiant on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that it's getting love from lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good one. I like a lot of the drugstore highlighting concealers, but I find this one creases a lot less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So on the same page with you about light coverage base and heavy coverage concealer. I'm itching to try the Nars Tinted Moisturizer and LM Secret Camouflage next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of the Nude BB Cream, it sounds so nice!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great guide: I love BB cream. Any tips on travelling with other beauty products?

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely simple makeup bag, love love love. I'm on the lookout for a new concealer so I may just give the Mac one a go. Great post! ambermariemarie

    ReplyDelete
  15. The BB cream sounds so lovely, and perfect for travel!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome picks! I really want to try the Physicians Formula eyeliner! x
    ;tdm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh nice lippy picks! You've really made me want to try that PF liner :) Once I run out of concealer (like that'll happen), I'd like to try the MAC studio finish too.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wish they had more shades! But it's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so good if you ever struggle with blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely have Tamira to thank for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only one in a while, but when I do the world is ending in my eyes, but something to cover any scars that I have would do great too. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely choices! I'd like to find a nice BB cream this summer :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. ❧◔❧◔get $69 /hr@ad6:<-Let's start work by Google!!Yes,this is definitely the most financialy rewarding I've had . Last Monday I bought a great Lotus Elan after I been earnin $9534 this-last/5 weeks and-a little over, $10k lass month . . I started this four months/ago and immediately started to bring home minimum $97 per/hr ... I work ->

    Going Here you

    Can Find Out,,,

    ►►►►►► >>>https://JobsPlanes2.biz/EarnS/Planes....

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're definitely much better with packing that I am, LOL! I always struggle not to bring 12391890238 things with me, specially when it comes to lip products and pencils, because "oh, they hardly take any space"...


    I'm totally in love with NArs matte pencils, so I think I'll soon try one of the Satins!

    ReplyDelete