3.10.2015

ANASTASIA BROW WIZ VS DIPBROW POMADE


I've spent the past couple of months rattling on about how much I love the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Nothing's changed on that front. It's the best brow pencil I've ever tried. So in the sort of backwards manner that I operate in, I had to go and try something else – the Anastasia Dripbrow Pomade. What can I say? I was so impressed with the Brow Wiz that it got me curious to try the other cult status brow product in the line. I thought a run-through/comparison might come in handy for anyone out there wondering which one would suit them best.

Brow Wiz
The Brow Wiz is a nice, hard, waxy pencil. It gives you a lot of control in terms of building up product slowly and carefully and has good staying power. The pigmentation is decent, but not overpowering – again, giving you control. It's a great on the go option, as your product and spoolie are all in one place. The shade range is really excellent, containing a few warmer colours, but also plenty of realistic ashy tones. It seems to work both for those with already full brows, like myself, that just need a bit of a filling in here and there and for those with not a lot of brow that need significant filling in.

Dipbrow Pomade
The Dipbrow Pomade is a creamier and much more pigmented product, which means it has a tendency to apply a bit more full on. I find that you have to make sure to wipe off most of the product on the back of your hand first to avoid going too crazy. Also a very thin angled brush works best to control the product. It's a bit more of a challenging to work with and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do it. Additionally, the shade range is different to the Brow Wiz's range. I picked up Medium Brown in both products and it is significantly darker with the Dipbrow Pomade. It might be worth going a shade lighter than your natural brow colour, especially given the high level of pigmentation. The major upside to the pomade is that it can work really well for those with a lack of brow if used correctly. Sam did an amazing tutorial using this product. Finally, the advantage of the pomade is that is that once it sets your brows will last all day.

Verdict
If you struggle with having a heavy hand and you want a simple, easy to use product that gives beautiful, natural looking results I think that the Brow Wiz is worth investing in. However, if you have sparse brows and you feel like you have the skills to work with a slightly more challenging product, or you'd like something with outstanding longevity, you might prefer the Dripbrow Pomade.

16 comments:

  1. Great comparison post! I haven't tried either, but really want to try both haha! I think the Brow Wiz would be more realistic for me, it just sounds much easier to use quickly and I much prefer natural looking brows. I have been experimenting with a taupey/brown gel liner from Clinique as a brow pomade and it works quite well, though there is definitely a learning curve!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I actually find the complete opposite with the pomade! It provides a much more natural, fuller finish on me than the brow wiz. I think the trick is to wipe off a little on the back of your hand and then to pick up more product (if needed) from your hand as not to waste. It also takes me about a third of the time to apply than the brow wiz (maybe because I have sparse brows?). I do love both, but I definitely find myself reaching for the pomade on a day to day basis ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I would prefer the pomade as my brows are thick, but sparse in areas and it can be hard to get a powder or pencil to adhere to the skin in a way that I like. However, the bow wiz sounds perfect for just overall filling in.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luurve the brow wiz but am growing out my brows right now so I've got more than usual to fill in and didn't want to waste my precious (said in best gollum voice). I was torn between trying the pomade vs. powder, eventually going with powder because I thought it'd give a more natural look? I really like it, and it stays on throughout the day nicely. I love both so much...of course I will nab the pomade eventually, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you when I wrote this because I remembered you saying you found the pomade so easy to use, but I think it's because we have such different brows. Mine are dark and quite full so I really have to be careful to keep everything super light - I really don't need anymore brow, whereas you probably want to add a bit more oomph. Also I think I still have yet to master a light enough hand with the pomade. They're both such good products though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an excellent point. That is a major benefit of the pomade for me. My brows are so thick they're actually hard to penetrate (laughing to myself). It really gets in between the hairs nicely, whereas it's a bit more a challenge with the Brow Wiz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need a new brow product, I love the sound of Brow Wiz!

    Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brow pomade scares me! I just know I'd go overboard. I like the brow wiz because as you said it's easier to use and gives natural results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely like the pomade, but yeah, harder to go light with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post totally just sold me on the Brow Wiz. Thanks for comparing these! :)

    xo Mandy | A Girl, Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on the same boat w you too..I love the longevity of the pomade, but it sure does take a long time to perfect my brows with it!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pleasure :) They are honestly both so good though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah. The Wiz is a lot quicker, but the pomade is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to try some Anastasia products, I've been getting more into doing my brows recently :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ❧◔❧◔get $69 /hr@ad6:<-Let's start work by Google!!Yes,this is definitely the most financialy rewarding I've had . Last Monday I bought a great Lotus Elan after I been earnin $9534 this-last/5 weeks and-a little over, $10k lass month . . I started this four months/ago and immediately started to bring home minimum $97 per/hr ... I work ->

    Going Here you

    Can Find Out,,

    ►►►►►► >>>https://JobsPlanes2.biz/EarnS/Planes....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the Dipbrow and meh. I still have to experiment with it, my main problem is that the hairs on my brows are quite thick and hard, so the product tends to cling to them and make them look weird. Have to try with different brushes and so on!


    I haven't tried the Brow Wiz but I'll pick one up at some point for sure.

    ReplyDelete