4.05.2014

TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY AIRBRUSH FOUNDATION

Well dayyuuumm. That’s what I have to say about this one. I have Bare Minerals Matte, Pur Minerals, Everyday Minerals Matte mineral makeups, as well as Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation and I definitely like the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation the most.

I love the texture and finish of the Tarte one. It’s far less chalky and more natural looking than the other powder foundations I’ve tried and it also has pretty darn good staying power. The coverage is good... I wouldn’t expect powder foundation to cover anything like a high coverage liquid or cream foundation would, but it makes for a awesome medium coverage foundation and a little concealer finishes the job nicely. I quite like wearing powder foundations because they feel light on the skin and I don’t get quite so paranoid about my skin breaking out.


I have the lightest shade (fair honey) and it’s really light. The shade range is nice. It has realistic skin tone shades, which is something I had trouble with when it comes to Bare Minerals. Still, I hope they add a few more shades to the range because the lightest shade is a bit too light for me and not quite the right undertone and the next shade up is a tad too dark for me.
I almost forgot to mention one of the best things about this guy - the sifter feature. It's really nice to just dab your brush onto the sifter and get just the right amount of product. I'm pretty anal about messiness, so constantly tipping out bits of powder into the lid and swirling your brush around like you do with a normal powder foundation just kind of a little bit irrationally irritates me.

I use my real techniques buffing brush with this and I find that's just about perfect. I felt the airbuki brush in Sephora when I bought the foundation and it is really nice - a lot more dense than the real techniques one - but I didn't think I needed to spend an extra $30 on that.

Overall this stuff is awesome and Tarte is an amazing cruelty free, high quality brand that is worth investing in. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh sounds like a nice foundation. I love mineral foundations and have heard amazing things about this one. I always struggle with getting the right amount of product from the sifter.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete