5.05.2014

SHEER LIP COLOURS FOR SPRING

I'm putting a stop to my shameful Chuck binge-watching marathon to write a post. The weather is finally turning somewhat decent and it puts me in the mood for a little colour. Also to get outside, but first about the colour! I think spring makes most makeup wearers want to crack out some colour so here are some (mostly) old goodies you might even already have in your drawer that may want to see the light of day once more.
  
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini:
It's a beautiful peachy nude with a medium level of pigmentation. I think the packaging is lovely and feels quite expensive compared to a lot of other drugstore lip products. This is the lip product I wear most these days. Also, if scents tend bother you, the good news is this is pretty well odorless.

L'oreal Shine Caresse Gloss Stain in Coral Tattoo:
My god I would never remember any of the names of these products off the top of my head. The formula of these are unique (well they were unique to the YSL glossy stains back when those first came out – the L’oreal are just a dupe of those). They glide on like jelly and they stay on nicely. I would describe the scent as a refreshing floral.

Maybelline Color Elixir in Hibisbus Haven:
If you want a pigmented intense pop of pink for Spring this is your guy. It's a very bright, cool toned pink that smells sweet and edible. 


Sleek Pout Polish in Electro Peach:
These are nice and handy to throw in your bag. This is the sheerest product of the lot, but it adds such a nice warm orangey, red tint to your lips. It’s also got an SPF of 15, which is great for me because I never think about protecting my lips from the sun. I’ve seen Suzie from Hello October wear this as a blush too and it looks amazing. My only issue with this product is that it smells a bit too sickly sweet and if you accidentally get it in your mouth (which can be avoided if you’re not a git like me) it’s not a pleasant taste. By the way if you're outside the UK and you're wondering where to buy Sleek their website has extremely affordable shipping.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Lovesick, Rendezvous and Romantic:
Another mental name. I know these are kind of old news since the Matte Balms and The Lacquer Balms came out, but I still think they’re great. They don’t really stain your lips that much, but they have enough colour that you can build it up until your sporting a fairly bold lip. They wear off nicely and they don’t get all over your face anytime you touch your mouth. Rendezvous is such a good colour to try out the orange lip fad with if you’re still a bit cautious. I often blot these with tissue before heading out the door and that leaves them looking like a bit more of stain and less of a gloss. They smell like peppermint by the way, which apparently you either love or you hate. I love it.


L-R: Sleek Pout Polish in Electro Peach, Revlon JBKBS in Lovesick, Romantic and Rendezvous, L'oreal Shine Caresse in Coral Tattoo, Maybelline Color Elixir in Hibiscus Haven.

1 comment:

  1. You should try "IT cosmetics Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Lip Gloss Stain". It comes in colors that are sheer and really do stain your lips without drying and last a long time. "Je Ne Sais Quoi" got me hooked for a natural looking pink. The color doesn't show up until you apply it. They carry it in the specialty makeup stores for $24, but QVC has a special of 3 colors for a little more than the price of one. I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete