5.09.2014

THE BODY SHOP CAMOMILE SILKY CLEANSING OIL

I just got done talking about my morning and evening cleanser and now here I go with another one. I bought this one recently because I wanted to try a cleansing oil, but I didn’t want to break the budget, as I already have a great evening cleanser. And of course I wanted it to have a decent ingredient list too. The only cleansing oils I could really find at a low price point were this (at $16 Canadaian) and the new Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil and let’s just say the Garnier one has a misleading name – lots mineral oil.

I find it does a really great job removing all my makeup, as one would expect from a cleansing oil, and it rinses off well with a washcloth and water. It does feel like it leaves a tiny bit more of a residue than the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, but I’d be nitpicking if I complained about that. I’m also impressed that it comes with a pump (though not the best pump – it fires at you if you’re not careful). I have to admit some nights I am actually too lazy to open up my pot of cleansing balm and dig product out. It’s shameful, but for those nights this cleansing oil is a gem.

My only really issue I have with this cleaner is the scent. I was worried about it when I saw “fragrance” in the ingredient list and sadly I think I was right to be worried. It doesn’t even smell of fake camomile, it actually smells like some kind of perfume. I hate skincare and makeup having overly perfumed fragrances, especially for a product that’s supposed to be calming camomile. It always makes me paranoid that my skin is going to react poorly. Luckily my skin seems to be okay with it this far, but it you’re someone that knows your skin has trouble with fragrance, I’d be a bit wary.

Overall it’s a really great cleanser at a fantastic price as long as you don’t have trouble with the smell. 


Ingredients:
Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).



1 comment:

  1. I am itching to try this one too.. but have so many already to be used up! this has to wait! :-( You have a lovely blog!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete