6.02.2014

MY MAIN MEN FOR MAY... MAY FAVOURITES

May favourites man! For all of you guys this is just one of many, many May favourites, but for me this is an exciting, albeit slightly self indulgent, moment. I have watched and read about people’s May favourites for years, so to finally post about my own... well it’s safe to say I’ve already wet myself three times this morning. Annnnd again just now. I’ll dive in right away because I am really good at accidentally making monster posts.

Yummy Smells
I am pretty well obsessed with two smells right now. The first is the Body Shop Grapefruit Body Butter. It smells so accurately of grapefruit. I could definitely grab a spoon and have at it. Plus they’re having 40% off site wide right now, as well as 50% off body butters in store and online.

The second tantalizing smell I like to make sure is wafting around comes from the Goji and Tarocco Voluspa candle that lives on my nightstand. These candles are such good quality for their price. They’re not Bath and Body works cheap, but they smell far more luxurious (and so intensely even when they’re not burning) and aren’t frighteningly expensive.

Skincare
I’m going to do another skincare update soon so I’ve withheld a few favourites in this department. I’ve got to have a bit of mystery if we’re to keep our romance alive. I have really been enjoying the L'OrĂ©al Paris Skin Perfection 3in1 Purifying Micellar Solution. Yes, I copied and pasted that name. Finally there’s an affordable micellar water on the shelves of Canadian stores and I see no significant difference between this and Bioderma.

Hair
For May one hair product surprised me with its quality – the Dove Refresh and Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo. I’ll get the one down side out of the way. It’s a bit grannyish in scent. BUT, other than that it’s fabulous. I’ve tried quite a few dry shampoos on account of my sister being a hairdresser and the texture of this one is my favourite. It feels like a highbred between a dry shampoo and a dry texturizing spray. It also doesn’t leave a white powdery residue.

Face
I’ve got lots of favourites here and they all have a glowing, bronzed skin theme to them. The Laura Mercier Bronze Radiance Primer has been a nice way to add a bit of colour to my still very pale face. I’m looking slightly like the accidentally far less attractive cousin of the Cullen family (will I regret making a Twilight reference in this post? I’d say quite possibly, bordering on definitely).

I’ve enjoyed complimenting the primer with the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer. It’s got a nice warm tone that works for olive complexions (not so much for pale, pink complexions).

The Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef has been another winner for me. The cream to powder formula leaves a very natural, glowing look to the cheeks. This colour especially, while it looks intense in the pan, leaves a very natural flushed look to the skin.

I’ve professed my love for the exceptionally pigmented Mac Studio Finish Concealer in a concealer post so I won’t go on about it here.

And finally for the face I have continually grabbed the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Cream in Iced Gold. I know that’s really annoying because it’s discontinued, but there are loads of other beautiful cream highlighters out there (Mac Cream Colour Bases, Benefit Watt’s Up, Hourglass Illume Duo... so many more). Does anyone have a really good dupe they can think of?

Lips
I do love a good bright bold lip, but what I honestly end up reaching for most of the time is something soft and neutral that will ware off easily. For that the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini is great. When I try to think of the quintessential beach girl shade this comes to mind.

Eyes
L’oreal Mascaras have been consistently my favourite. I find they tend to have a wet formula, which I like, and they don’t smudge under my eyes. I’m not a huge fan of gimmicky packaging, but the L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara actually does a great job. I find it adds the length I like and the comb brush separates my lashes well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment