8.30.2014

FASHION FACES: 2.0

It’s no secret by now that I love a good bit of 60’s makeup. There was something about that era that was fun and original, but still managed to stay classy... unlike certain other eras (I’m looking at you 80’s). So I decided it was time to do a throwback and I brought my revoltingly good looking sister along for a second round of Fashion Faces.

The 60’s were all about those big doll eyes, so that’s what I spent most of my time on. I started out by covering the lid with the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White. It makes a great base if you’re trying to get a vibrant colour to really pop by the way. I then dusted Matte Maloy (a stark white), from the Meet Matte Nude Palette, all over the lid and right the way up to the brows. Next it was time for the winged liner. As always I used my Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner and my Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. They’re a wonder combo. 60’s liner tends to slope down more on the wing, which makes it a good wing shape to go for if you don’t have much lid space (sometimes the flick gets warped when you open your eyes if it angles up too much).

Next up is the hardest and most fun bit – the cut crease. I used Mac Carbon Eyeshadow. If I could give three tips if for those that want to try to do a cut crease they would be: 1) Using a powder is way easier than a liner/gel liner 2) Find a good brush. I find that something dense and pointed with short bristles gives me most control. I actually used the brush that comes with the Maybelline Gel Liner. 3) Build up slowly. Add a tiny bit of shadow and lightly blend, then repeat.

To finish up the eyes... you guessed it... lashings and lashings of mascara, especially on the bottom lashes. Then for the face I added light coverage with the L’oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream and then concealed with Mac Studio Finish Concealer. I powdered everything down with the Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder because 60’s looks tend to ere more on the matte side. I kept the cheeks and the lips peachy-mod with MUA Lolly Blush and Barry M Peachy Pink Lipstick. And well, that was that.




13 comments:

  1. Perfect outcome, precised, I love it! You did a great job, well done to both! :D

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! :O Her pixie cut and the makeup look so great together! I love the 60ies eye makeup, but I suck at doing cut creases! Anyways, great look! :)

    TanjaWhatsername

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a huge fan of this look and you pulled it off flawlessly! Love this series Holly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved the dramatic 60's look and you created this beautifully! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look, I love the sixties look and it works perfectly with her hair!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so gorgeous! And I feel the same way about the 80s haaha
    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaah, absolutely gorgeous! I love the eyes, the cut crease looks awesome. Also that lip and blush combo is so cute :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I was so happy to put her pixie cut to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah definitely not my first attempt at a cut crease. I've had many worse looking before this. It is not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty make up! So 60's. I love it! I love the eye shadow at the top of the lid.

    Chloe The Redhead |
    Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete