8.01.2014

JULY FAVOURITES

And yet another month hath rolled around. Is it not the way of life I ask you? Methinks it is. And with this great changing of the times comes yet another presentation of mine favourites of a passed month. In other words, monthly favourites time. Yay! I find it hard to include eye and lip products sometimes because on a day to day basis I don’t usually wear that much of that stuff. I tend to get most use out of base products, and usually the same old boring ones at that. But I do have a few eye and lip options that I’ve used more than once this month, which is saying a lot for me.

Nuxe Reve De Miel Baume:
This one I really do use almost every day, but it is a lip balm to be fair. Everyone seems to love this lip balm and I think that’s a mighty fine assessment from... everyone. It smells like a delicious honey filled dream and it does a great job hydrating the lips. I also really like that it’s matte. It means that I can put it on before applying a matte lipstick and not have to worry about it altering the finish. Plus the frosted glass pot makes it feel kinda lavish.

Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya:
I like this even more than I thought I would when I bought it. It’s the perfect soft peachy colour. It doesn’t come off as orange as it looks in the bullet. I’m really late to the party with these Lip Butters, so I’m sure you all know and love them already. But hey, the moisturizing and semi-sheer finish is new and exciting to me.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pout:
This is another one that exceeded my expectations. I got it because I love matte lipstick and I thought it would be kind of a fun out-there colour, but actually when you don’t apply too much it’s a really nice cool toned pink that doesn’t look too unnatural. The formula isn’t overly matte which helps. It doesn’t look chalky and it doesn’t dry your lips out. It glides on and works into the lips easily.

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner:
Not much to say here other than this is an amazing gel liner. I wouldn’t spend my money on Mac’s Blacktrack Fluidline when I could get this. I was way more impressed with the Maybelline one. I found that the Blacktrack Fluidline dries out too quickly when you’re working with it. I also thought that Maybelline one trumped L’oreal’s version. The Maybelline one goes on as smooth as butter, but doesn’t print while it’s drying, whereas I did get some printing from the L’oreal version. I find it easiest to apply with the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. Well apparently I did have a bit more to say than just “it’s good.”

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base:
This is a new purchase for me and I am wowed. I have oily eyelids. Seriously, it’s like BP had a go on my eyelids (poor taste?). I’ve tried a few other budget eye primers, but none of them did the trick. When I tried out the Nars one for the first time ever eyeshadow lasted all day without creasing on me. Praise the lord. Hallelujah. I still need to test it out a bit more with some other shadows, but I don’t think I’m prematurely shooting my wad in saying that I’ve found a life mate.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder:
Yup, it made it in to the monthly favourites. It’s the perfect bronzer for fairer skin. It’s a beautiful tone – not too orange, not too muddy looking – and it’s quite sheer, so you won’t accidentally go overboard all at once. The honey embossing is pretty irresistibly charming too.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse:
It’s also probably not a surprise that this made it into the favourites. I had a full love confession about this oil about a week ago so I won’t go into depth, but basically it smells like heaven (sweet and floral) and it doesn’t leave behind any greasy feeling on the skin. It is a dry oil after all. It’s luxury in a bottle. Lovely lovely. 



10 comments:

  1. I really need to try the Body Shop bronzer. It seems amazing! And both the Nuxe lip balm and the oil are also on my wish list...

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juicy Papaya and Maybelline gel liner are some of my favourites too! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Body Shop honey bronzer, it's definitely perfect for lighter skintones. I really like the Juicy Papaya shade too, need to dig it out of my lipstick drawer.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to pop into the Body Shop to pick up the honey bronzer. It looks beautiful!


    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man there are so many lipsticks I need to dig out too. It's just a big reminding fest here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's only a matter of time until one succumbs to the power of Nuxe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Pink Truffle in the Revlon Lip Butter shades..perfect throw on without thinking shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just googled the swatches and oh my. Adding that to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eye primer and the lip balm are my absolute favourites ;) The picture at the top of the post is awesome! xx


    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're cult classics for a reason - they're awesome.

    ReplyDelete