11.06.2014

10 MORE MAKEUP TIPS

A little while back I did a 10 Things I've Learned About Makeup post and, to my surprise, as I was writing the ideas were a-flowing. So I decided to store away my overflow of ideas for a second post, which I had completely forgotten about until a few days ago. So I'm bringing it back. Here's the second round of tips. 

1. When doing winged liner, if you find that your flick looks weird when you open your eyes, try angling the wing down more. It won't be as obscured by your crease.

2. If you're still finding your flick looks weird, make sure you've taken the line all the way out of the end of your lash line before you flick. Starting to flick up too early can look a bit odd and ruin the elongated effect.

3. Clear brow gel is a fantastic thing if you're looking to create big bushy brows. It separates and lifts the brow hairs, giving them a full feathered effect.

4. If you've gone to all the trouble of concealing, try not to sweep your powder on over top as it can wipe the concealer back off. Instead, use a patting/stippling motion to apply you powder.

5. Light reflective concealer is a dream under the eyes. Bringing light reflection to a sallow area can be just as effective as brightening things up with a highly pigmented concealer.

6. If your eyes are a bit close set, adding an inner corner highlight and winging darker shadow out can make a dramatic difference in widening them.

7. If you have deep set eyes, a smokey eye might not be your best friend. It intensifies the depth. Light shadows and a nice winged liner always look fantastic though.

8. When removing your eye makeup, try not to tug at your eyes right away with your makeup remover and cotton pad. Instead the saturated cotton pads on your eyes and let them soak for a bit, then the makeup will wiggle off easily.

9. Shampoo your brushes at least once every two weeks and consider investing in a quick brush cleaner (like the Pro Hygiene Collection Makeup Brush Cleaner) for in between. This is especially important if you're having trouble with acne.

10. Fake tan can help to camouflage blemishes and hyper-pigmentation (as it minimizes the colour contrast), which can help take some of the pressure off of your foundation and concealer.

11 comments:

  1. These are really helpful tips, I've never used brow gel but it sounds like something I need to get my hands on. I've also never shampoo'd my brushes, I should probably think about doing that!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tips like these. Simple but so useful. I always love sharing these types of things. So true, I always tell clients that if they have hooded eyes they may sadly just be better off skipping winged liner all together, it just takes up too much of the lid and you can get an equally beautiful look without a wing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I angle my winged liner down now too. I kept trying to mimic the look people with more lid space than I had, but I learnt to work with my eye shape the results are so much better.


    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tips are so useful! I definitely hadn't thought of most of them. Thank you so much for sharing!


    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tips, will definitely be trying some of them out!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept trying to flick up for the longest time and it always looked warped. Then I discovered the magic of the 60's wing. T'was love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the first post and this is so amazing too! Definitely with you on all the tips, particularly the liner ones... They're so crucial! ;) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wing my liner up too high for my eyes, literally every time but I never learn!
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to stop tugging at my eyes when removing eye makeup..hate to think of the wrinkles I'm causing!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for useful post!

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete