11.23.2014

DIORSKIN NUDE BB CREAM


I mentioned a short while ago that one of the glorious gifts I received for my birthday was the Diorskin Nude BB Cream. I've been using it almost everyday for the past few weeks (which is record breaking for me because normally I can't stand wearing foundation) and I feel like I've gotten enough of a feel for it now to do an accurate overview.

I've got to start with the packaging because I'm pretty keen on it. It's lovely just to look at – simple and elegant – and also very well designed. It's not just a squeezy tube under the cap, you actually get a pump. It also contains an SPF of 10, which is good for me because I'm normally completely guilty of neglecting SPF, despite using retinol treatments. Yikes. It has a light, perfumey fragrance to it, but I don't mind it. It's not something you smell after applying like you might do with Bourjois Healthy Mix for example.

The texture of this BB cream is dreamy. It's balmy and smooth, but not in a way that feels like it's packed full of silicone. In terms of who I think this would work for, I actually think it's really versatile. It would be moisturizing enough for a drier skin, but it's not too dewy for my oily skin. I originally wanted to buy the Nars Tinted Moisturizer, but feeling it in Sephora, I knew it would be way too dewy. The Nars one doesn't really set and stays quite tacky on your skin (which is great for dry skin that wants all the moisture it can get), whereas the Dior one sets down to be a bit more of a dry, satin finish that looks incredibly natural and skin-like. It feels weightless once it sets too, which is why I've been able to wear it so much.

The coverage is impressive for a BB cream. It's got about a decent light-medium (leaning more towards the medium) level going on. The only downfall I can see with this product is the shade range. There are only 4 shades. I'm lucky enough to match 02 Fair quite well (which I'd say is in between a Mac NC25 and NW25), but if I were slightly fairer with my undertone I'd have a problem as 01 Light is considerably more pink. Overall it's a fantastic product though. Count yourself a lucky ducky if you're a match to one of the shades.

L-R: Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 02 Fair, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20

20 comments:

  1. Ah welcome to the Dior (nude bb creme) fan club! Along with the lip glow this is my favorite product from the brand! I am one of the "lucky" ones to have found a match in 03.. but I do feel they could do way better with the shade range!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is amazing - that strip of light running through looks so cool! I love the Dior BB Cream too but alas I have fallen into 02 is too light, 03 is too dark land. So sad! I have 02 right now but maybe it's worth checking out 03 and seeing if mixing them together works.That kind of seems like a pain though, they need to just add more shades all around!
    XO Camey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light in that first photo is to die for! I don't know if the colour is exactly right for me (maybe with a little green corrector mixed in!), but I've heard nothing but love for this product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this, it's definitely going on my to buy list!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I currently use La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Cream and have been really liking it (there is no shade range, it suits all fair to medium skin tone and has SPF 30) but this one is next on my list. I need to check if I have a match before committing though. Happy Birthday! :)

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear so many great things about this BB cream, but I'm hesitant to try it. It looks a little too pink for my skin.

    blush and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I want that. It sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely did not need another rave review to push me closer to a purchase! This is definitely up there on my wishlist.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha I know. Everyone on youtube was raving about this. It really made me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be curious to know what you think of it considering you're much a fan of the Nars Tinted Moisturizer (which looks amazing on you btw).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realize how much more pink it was that the Mac one until I swatched them side by side. To be fair I think the Mac one is very yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...I've always wondered about LRP's makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I don't think I've heard a single person say they didn't like it. As for the light, I just couldn't believe actual, real sunlight was entering my basement suite. I had to take advantage :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know if it makes it into your drawers :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's quite a pain to have to buy a second tube. I'm so surprised they don't have more shades considering it seems really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my first thing from Dior and I can't say that I mind being a part of the Dior club.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. I try to cover my bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I now wish I would've picked it up during the VIB sale haha. And yes, I looove the Nars one…I actually don't find it all that dewy, but I always top with powder anyway, so there ya go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL that's me exactly on a Saturday morning from 11 - 1, just waiting for one ray of sunshine to enter my apartment.

    ReplyDelete