11.19.2014

THE AFFORDABLE WATCH


In the past year I've gotten more and more into basics. Clean, simple lines always look good and pair well together. I find that my most basic items are the ones that I still want to wear years later. And with this new found love of basics has come an appreciation for paired down accessories, particularly when it comes to watches. A few years ago it was all about those Michael Kors chunky metal watches, but now I haven't been able to keep my eyes off the Daniel Wellington and Olivia Burton watches.



Of course those watches are monnnayyy. They're a little out of my "grocery store stocker" pay grade. So I went on the hunt for something similarly classic and simple in a lower price range. Wouldn't you know it, Asos had the answer. This little beaut was under $40 and hits the mark for me. I love the matte leather strap and the fact that the watch face in incredibly simple. I also love the size of the watch face - still over-sized but not so over-sized that my baby wrists are swimming in it. If this watch doesn't quite do it for you, but you've also been lusting after those Wellington/Burton watches, I've seen plenty of other ones on Asos (around the $40/$50 mark) that have a similar feel (here, here, or here for example). They're worth checking out.

15 comments:

  1. Ohh lovely choice! I have also been eyeing up the DW watches. I've never been much of a watch person myself because, like you, I have tiny wrists. I would definitely like something like this though, classic and timeless, just the way I like it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so gorgeous, and looks so classy!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this watch! Very classic, and a fraction of the Daniel Wellington price tag!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty piece! I love the simplicity of it.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty darn pleased to find one I really liked for... not $300... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah simplicity, something I've come to really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby wrists unite! Only don't high five me because my hand might snap off what with the lack of wrist support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, finally, a more affordable option! I love DW watches but they are quite an investment for me! Thanks for sharing!

    Sophia // sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! When the huge watches were trendy, I really wanted one but they always looked terrible on my skinny wrists. This one looks lovely, classic and minimalist! The price is definitely more attractive too.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect watch! I really love it it's effortless.
    http://www.malondarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, sometimes Steven just wobbles my wrists around and makes fun of how tiny they are…same with my legs. It happens. Small girl problems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know. The investment was too scary for me too despite the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I know I had one, but everyone commented on how the face took up my entire wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gawjjuss, I've been looking for a similar kinda thing but it rose gold x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle</a

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been trying to find a cheaper alternative to the Daniel Wellington one and this one looks gorgeous. Thanks


    www.withinjayslife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete