11.30.2014

THE CHRISTMAS PARTY LOOK


I try not too get excited about Christmas too early. Generally I wait until December actually rolls around before going nuts, but seeing as Christmas party season is about to begin, I thought I'd start the excitement a day early by showing you guys a nice festive makeup. Drama, sparkle, a red lip... I've chucked it all in the mix because this is the one time of year you get to go hog-wild with no excuse needed.


I got my base out of the way (Diorstar BB Cream in Fair) so we could get right into the good stuff. I started by giving myself a winged liner with a nice medium level thickness. Normally I'd go for a thinner liner, but this time around I was going to be half covering it with the second liner anyways.


I then went in with the Nyx Aqua Luxe Liner in 24 Karat, which makes for the perfect golden, glittery Christmas touch. I traced slightly over top and above the black liner.


I took the same gold liner just under my eyes in the inner corner.


To add a little drama to the look, I took a bit of black eyeshadow on either a winged liner brush and created the thinnest line that I could under that gold liner.


Then need I even say this next bit... bum tons of mascara. It always makes a dramatic eye look come together.


Finally, it wouldn't be Christmas without the red lip. I've went for Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red because it's a beautiful matte, neutral red that will last like a mother trucker. If you want to make it through dinner with a red lip this is a mighty fine option. As always I just smoothed over the edges of my lips with a lip brush before the lip stain set. Done!


38 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous look! The lip stain is gorgeous, a great colour for Christmas!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the step-by-step photos. Definitely bookmarking this post for later. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome thank you! The step by step takes ages to create, but it's definitely worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tessa. I love long wearing lip products. I really want to know how the Rimmel Provocalips is too. Transfer proof sounds pretty good to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that detail in the inner corners so cute! xx


    Luxveritatis.| Beauty.Fashion.Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red lips for Winter :) My favourite was the one MAC got last year, Prepare for Pleasure. I know it's not useful as it was LE, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so pretty! love this look! xo

    EvelinaT
    http://evelinaat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look Holly! I also made a christmas look with double flick (upper and lower lash line) and red lips, but it will be up next week! :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look, you couldve stopped at the simple eyeliner and still looked incredible!


    styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that lip cream in Endless Purple and I absolutely LOVE it! The red one looks amazing on you and I love that eyeliner look! Totally going to try this :)

    Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful look! I will definitely try to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a stunning look! I love the gold on the eyes paired with the red lip. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I can't think of anything that says Christmas more than gold and red, so I kinda had to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to see it if you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so tempted to go back for Strawberry Kissed in those lip stains, but I'm resisting for now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! Love the double wing. Definitely going to check out your look next week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I almost didn't go for the red lip, but then I though dang it it's Christmas, it's time to go nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been eyeing Mac Ruby Woo and Russian Red of late myself. Mac... they just know how to do lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks. That was kind of my favourite bit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I desperately want that bb creme... But am I the only one who thinks that the Dior counter is reserved for aristocratic over-70s drenched in perfume and wearing pearl earrings?

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Give in... ;) It'll make you feel better! (sorry, I can't help but be an enabler)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha that's why you go to Sephora instead.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This look is seriously stunning-you look gorgeous! Lovely blog post xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha thanks for calling it bad ass. People are always telling me what a rebel I am... you know... when I'm at home watching a movie on a Friday night. Danger.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha it's okay. I enable people all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh, I love this Holly! Very original with the eyeliner too…maybe might have to pick this one up ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eeee! I just found your blog and LOVE it. So glad you exist and are writing. Excited to read all that you post! <3


    http://bloodstre.am

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the finished look, that gold/black combination with the eyeliner and the red lip look fantastic together! I really need to try and recreate that liner look, it's really gorgeous! :)

    TanjaWhatsername

    ReplyDelete
  29. Why thanks! That's left me good and tickled for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well you know I think you'd look good in anything. She said creepily.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Holly, I recreated this look on my blog, thought you might wanna check it out ;-) http://ofdreamsandthings.com/christmas-sparkle-look/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely and original look! What mascara did you use? Your lashes look great!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | TOO FACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful look :) You're stunning girl' and so is the makeup!


    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a beautiful make-up! I'm pretty sure I'll try and recreate this for Christmas :)

    darjeelingtealeaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete