12.26.2014

THE JEMMA KIDD DEWY GLOW DUPE


I remember a few years ago Jemma Kidd's Dewy Glow Highlighter was all kinds of popular. Everyone on Youtube seemed to have one and for good reason. It was/is an amazing product. Sadly the company shut down a few years ago and the highlighter was no longer to be seen, except for every once in a while when it would pop up on Ebay for $200 or so. So I thought it might be worth mentioning the replacement that I found for our missed friend. Drum roll... it's Jouer's Highlighter.

When I first tried Jouer's offering I was struck immediately by the similarity in texture. They both have that incredibly creamy, slippy texture. I find some cream highlighters to be a bit too stiff and tricky to work into the skin, but the Jouer version, like the Jemma Kidd version, applies really easily. They also have a similar finish – lovely and glossy looking without much detectable sparkle (great daytime highlighters).

If you were a lover of the Jemma Kidd Iced Gold option (what I've got here) then Jouer's Camellia should do the trick. However if Rose Gold is what had your loins a-burning, go for Jouer's Champagne (swatch here). It has that same beautiful mix of pink and gold undertones... you know... like rose gold would. The only aspect that isn't comparable between the two products is the size. The Jemma Kidd compact came with 5x as much product as the Jouer one does. It's a bit of a bummer, but I can't imagine myself ever getting through that much highlighter anyways.

19 comments:

  1. Great post! I'll definitely check it out when I get the chance! Happy holidays, Holly!


    bloussey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put this Jouer highlighter on my wishlist after seeing it on your blog! I've yet to try anything by them, but I think their brand is absolutely beautiful...simple and feminine without extravagant prices, just the way I like it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That highlighter looks lovely, the shade is so pretty!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their vibe. I think I've said this before, but it kind of reminds me of Laura Mercier crossed with Josie Maran or something. It's got that whole natural beauty thing going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful. It looks awesome on pale and tanned skin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! It's a bit of a pain to get a hold of, but if you can find it I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so unfortunate that Jemma Kidd shut down, glad there is an alternative out there though! I really want to try Jouer in general - their products sound amazing.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I will have to try this, though I never got a chance to try anything from Jemma Kidd's collection as it was before my youtube and beauty blog discovery ;) I maybe shouldn't say this here so openly, but your blog has replaced my visits to other beauty blogs that, how can I put this- have 2M or so views a month ;) Your blog is just so incredibly clean, neat and full of information :) Keep up the good work chica!
    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous! I had an amazing Jemma Kidd bronzer, such a shame i cant get it anymore!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad I found your blog x

    Wishing you a lovely new year

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. Happy new year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so surprised when they went under. It seemed like they had some really popular products. I remember that foundation they did was always sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wish it was easier to try Jouer here. You can only get it online, which is okay, but it means you have to guess your shade for foundation and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh thank you so much. That is incredibly kind of you to say. I try hard to keep it looking nice and clean, so I really appreciate someone seeing that in it. I wish I could find better words to say thank you right now. I'm not good at finding the right words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting a lot into highlighters lately. Specially cream highlighters, since they tend to blend better with the skin and I like them looking a bit natural. Jouer is a brand that has been coming into my radar since months, but I've never got to buy something from them yet. I may have to take a look into this!


    I hope you had an amazing Christmas Holly, and have a happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cream products, can't wait to try this one :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a good dupe, although I never realised Jemma Kidd's one was so expensive...gulp!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow such a great dupe, must go find this now!

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete