1.20.2015

THE EXTREME MOISTURE SANDWICH


Once every week or so my skin tends to get really parched, due to the use of acne treatment products. It gets that gross, tight feeling, like it's about to start peeling, which it will do unless I do some emergency repair. The other night I discovered a nice little trio of products that really did the trick. They helped steer clear of the peeling and actually left my skin feeling quite plump in the morning.

Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron
Hyaluronic acid acid, the key ingredient in this serum, is a humectant, meaning it helps the skin to retain moisture. This makes for a great first step in my moisture sandwich because it's going to help make the most of any hydrating products I layer on top. I'm particularly keen on this serum as it has a lightweight gel texture that doesn't cause any irritation to my irritable skin. Win!

Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil
Next up is an oil. A good oil always leaves my skin feeling plump like no lotion can. The benefit of oil based products is that they're more effective in preventing water evaporation than water based products.  So while an oil-free moisturizer during the day feels nice and weightless, an oil-based product will provide a lot more nourishment for the skin in the evenings. You could use a multitude of other oils (almond, coconut, jojoba, etc.), but this one has benefits that I appreciate, such as the ability to repair hyperpigmentation and scarring.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume
To seal the sandwich deal I used the LRP Cicaplast Baume. It's designed to repair damaged and intensely chapped skin. I find this product alone to be extremely helpful at warding off flakiness, but the results are even better when paired with an oil. It's also extremely affordable if you buy it from the right place. Together these three products leave my skin feeling, dare I say such a gross word, juicy.

Now excuse me, I have a real sandwich to go make.

32 comments:

  1. Ohh the rose hip oil sounds just wonderful. Even if for the scent. Enjoy your sandwich ;)

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl you have the quenchiest skin in the world with this mix of products
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have hyperpigmentation and a lot of acne scars so I think I am gonna try the Pai Rosehip Biogenerate Oil! #thebloominrougeeffect

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha best hashtag I've ever had. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me way too long of staring at the word quenchiest to twig what it meant. Great word though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, It can also apply to the Clinique Take the Day Off that is currently on his way to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Pai oil and still haven’t really used it yet. Will have to dig it out of my drawers and give it a go.


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hydraluron + Pai oil are all-time faves for me, but I haven't tried cicaplast baume! I remember they used to do an old version of cicaplast that sounds similar, and I emptied it when my roommate got the worst sunburn of LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Pai oil sounds amazing, I haven't heard a bad review of it and I'm so desperate to try it!
    Kate
    www.thebeautopiablog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been loving the Pai oil, but unfortunately Hydraluron didn't do amazing things for my skin so I'm looking for a new serum to try. Wonderful post!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I agree. It didn't blow me away, but I still find it to be a nice addition. I've heard so many people say that the Sarah Chapman one in phenomenal, but dayum I am not ready to dish out that kind of monayy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a really nice consistency. It hits that perfect viscosity that it it feels like it's sticking around nicely and not sinking in too quickly, but it doesn't feel too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the ingredients in the Cicaplast Baume. There's some really nice soothing stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I use a gel moisturizer during the day because I hate having too much under my makeup, but I can't do that at night, otherwise I get way too dried out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whhhhattt?! You're definitely going to have to dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must buy another tube of Hydraluron! I ran out like a year ago and never repurchased it. Also my Pai oil has like 5 or 6 drops left in the bottle... I'm terrible at buying stuff I've run out of lol

    ellabooxo | beauty, lifestyle, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had never thought of using this type of products this way. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard a lot about the Pai Rosehip Oil and I've been meaning to try it out.

    blush and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm starting to use the Hydraluron serum, and my skin seems to be happy about it. Let's see how it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Avocado oil is one of the few that I still haven't tried yet. I'm definitely curious to give that one a go... it's got to smell better at jojoba oil at any rate. Have you ever smelled that stuff? It smells weirdly like bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hydraluron is way cheaper here too. I feel badly for you guys. If you ever come to North America, that would be the time to stock up on Indeed Laboratories. Ps. Total side note: do you guys over there know that people here don't say "America?" We say "The States." I always wonder if that seems weird to you English folk.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes yes yes!!! It does smell like bacon and I can't use it because of it !! :P
    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used Hydraluron lots last year during winter and my skin was definitely happy about ! I ran out and didn't think of repurchasing it which makes me wonder if I really really loved it ... will think about it but might now go back and repurchase it ;) You enabler, you! ;)
    Scandinavian beauty blog || www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really?! Fun fact: nothing annoys a British person more than saying 'British accent' when you mean like RP (it's like vaguely posh, very standard, English). There's Northern Ireland and Wales and Scotland and Northern England and SW England and a million other accents too! There isn't one British one! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  25. And also the fact that if something is £20 here it will be like $20 there which is like £12 which is so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha. Actually my parents are English (but obviously living in Canada) and you wouldn't believe how many people ask them if they're Australian, New Zealand or South African. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would definitely recommend avocado oil, it's super moisturizing and fast absorbing. And that's too funny, I've used things with jojoba oil but they've always had fragrances covering the real scent!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the look of the La Roche Posay baume, looks so great! xx

    rosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just came across this thread again and wanted to add that my (Sri Lankan) dad went to NY once and was asked why he "spoke British" if he "looked, like, Mexican or something".

    ReplyDelete
  30. HAHA. So many things there. Where does one start?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm laughing while acknowledging how terrible that is by the way.

    ReplyDelete