2.10.2015

VALENTINE'S DAY LOOK #1: SWEET AND SIMPLE


Valentine's day is nearly upon us and you know what that means. Putting makeup on the face time. I debated whether or not to go the sweet route or the saucy route. In the end I couldn't decide so I went for two looks. Today's is the sweet one, as you may have gathered by the title, and I'll tell you how I did it. But before I go on I just have to give a shout out to Brittany for her Valentine's day look. It was absolute perfection in my mind, somehow managing to be both sweet and sexy.




Eyes
I wanted to keep things soft on the eyes so I've skipped any heavy liner today and gone for all things bright. I took Milani's Shadow Eyez Pencil in Champagne Toast – a light shimmery pink shade – all over my lids and blended the edges. I also took it right the way under my eyes to create a sort of starry eyed effect. To add the tiniest bit of definition to my lash line I used Rimmel's Scandaleyes Pencil in Taupe along the outer third. Then I applied a touch of MAC Mylar to brighten up the tear ducts. Finally I whacked on plenty of L'oreal Telescopic Mascara on my top on bottom lashes to keep 'em nice and doe eyed.

Cheeks
Keeping with the pink theme, I chose Stila's Convertible Blush in Peach Blossom for the cheeks. Cream blush is always an excellent pick in my books as it imparts a lovely youthful dewiness to the skin. To top it all off I took a smattering of theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer over the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and cupid's bow.

Lips
I wanted to find the perfect sweet and charming pink lip for this look. I didn't want it to be too bright or too nude, just nice and soft (there's that word again). Tanya Burr's Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea fit the bill perfectly if I do say so myself. Plus the formula is fantastically pigmented and long wearing for a traditional gloss.

Product List: L'oreal True Match Foundation in W2, Dior Nudeskin BB Cream in 02, MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost, MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC20, Tarte Smooth Operator Powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Med. Brown, Stila Peach Blossom, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, Milani Shadow Eyes in Champagne Toast, MAC Mylar, Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencil in Taupe, Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea.

25 comments:

  1. This is lovely! X
    http://www.trudyjohanna.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! ;)

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Look, Gorgeeeous!

    http://www.andonthatnoteshewrote.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning makeup look, you just look like you are glowing from within! Love it :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect, glowing, healthy, and just truly enhances your natural beauty! Plus, I love your adorable smirk in the last frame ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this makeup on you, your skin looks amazing!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I spy a sneaky haircut??? It's fabulous.

    ellabooxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft pink theme of this look! The stila blusher makes your skin look amazing!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. You've got the balance just right for the big V-day!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and looks stunning on you xx


    sxncerelyatira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nawwww, I love this look! And your top - so Springy! But seriously, the eyes are so simple and pretty, I love how you've put a lighter shade on the lower lash line!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is so... sweet! Haha, your skin looks glowing and fresh. Love it x


    Emma | ohflowerchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man that blush is so gorgeous! Sweet indeed :) I just love the whole look, and the shimmery all over lid shade. Very appropriate top too ;)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sheri! I'm obsessed with those Stila blushes now. They're the perfect cream formula.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Sweet is what I was shooting for here :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Tasha. And the top is actually a dress! A smock dress that I love from Asos. Asos does the best dresses.
    Ps. It looked extra sexy with my PJ pants underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. Making a mental note to use that blush more often now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha 'tis only trickery. Tucked away some of ma herr. I want to chop it though. So badly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks. Ah the magic of makeup. It remedies even the angriest of skin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Britters (am I getting away with that nickname?). I was worried it was too plain to be worth posting... maybe it is, but that's kinda how I roll anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, you can call me whatever you want and you will ALWAYS get away with it! And I think your look is totally worth posting, besides it's your blog girl, you do what you want! I think it's posts like these that let other girls know they don't HAVE to go all out for VDay and that embracing your natural beauty is enough ;) xx

    ReplyDelete