2.08.2015

JANUARY FAVOURITES


Apparently I've been a grumpy bum bumps this month because I don't have a huge amount to talk about for favourites. You know how it is. Some months you feel like Oprah – you get to be in my favourites, you get to be in my favourites, everybody gets to be in my favourites – and some months you feel just kind of apathetic. This month seems to have been more of the latter. Nevertheless, there were a few things that stuck out in my mind.

Zoeva Rose Gold Brushes
I'm so glad I was the first person on the internet to discover this brush set. Nope, that's a lie. Everyone and their moms have talked about this set, but damnit that's not going to stop me! These are the softest and most beautiful brushes a young man like myself could dream of owning. They're incredible value for money. The eye brushes in particular are something special. The only teeny tiny let down I find with this set is that a couple of the face brushes are actually so dense that they're slightly challenging to work with. Still, dayum.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
How fitting (I simply can't resist a good pun) that I just did a post about my love for MAC concealers and now I put a Maybelline concealer in my favourites. A fickle bastard I am. My love for this concealer seems to be undying. It's just such a good all rounder. It covers nicely under the eyes and over any areas of general redness. I find that the creamy texture applies really nicely over any dry patches and that the finish is really beautiful and natural.

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
Yup, so I see what all the fuss is about. It's pretty amazing that a powder highlighter is able to have such a creamy texture and such intense colour payoff. On top of that, somehow it manages not to have visible chunks of sparkle. I suppose it does this by being so “finely milled” (every bloggers favourite term). I thought I'd be a cream highlighter girl for the rest of my life, but this powder has me feeling adulterous.

Anastasia Brow Wiz
I've tried the MAC Brow Pencil, the Maybelline Define A Brow, the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist (which is a dupe for the Hourglass Arch Brow Scultpting Pencil) and the Anastasia Brow Wiz and the Anastasia offering is hands down, far and away, the best option. It has a tiny tip (something that the Sleek/Hourglass options lack) that allows you to get into every nook and cranny and to draw in individual brow hairs. It also has a very waxy texture (something that the Maybelline option lacks) that allows you to slowly and carefully build up product. Finally it includes a handy dandy spoolie on the end, which the MAC pencil is missing.

37 comments:

  1. I love that highlighter and I'm totally hooked on that brow pencil. It means I probably should give Zoeva brushes a go ;) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the saaaame way when I was putting together my January favorites. Most of the blog posts I wrote last month were about my favorite products anyway so I felt like I was being a little redundant. So now after reading how much you love the Anastasia Brow Wiz, I'm even more annoyed that I can't find mine - it was brand new and I hadn't even tried it yet! Never "deep cleaning" my apartment ever again!
    XO Camey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share the love for the Brow Wiz ;) Just makes things effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently bought the Mary-Lou Manizer and I love it. As you said, I now understand what all the fuss was about :) xx

    SEEKING ELEGANCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many things about the zoeva brushes I think I really should try them out! I also love the Maybelline fit me concealer xx lovely post as always! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Maybelline Fit Me concealer! Mine has run out and I'm now using Rimmel's Wake Me up, but it's not nearly as good so I really need to get the Fit Me one again. The Mary-Lou Manizer sounds amazing, and the Zoeva brushes are gorgeous :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M IN LOVE with Zoeva brushes! Best investment ever!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the maybelline fit me concealer but i'd like it even more if the lightest shade available wouldn't be too dark on me ahaha .. and i've seriously got to try the mary-lou manizer, i don't know why i haven't already ! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybelline Fit Me concealer was in my January favourites as well, it's such a great all rounder! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahah, love the Oprah analogy - so damn true. But you've got some cracker faves here! I need the Zoeva brushes in my life, I just need to justify that need haha. Mary-Lou is an absolute babe - it's not too shimmery yet it gives the most gorgeous glow! Love the Maybelline concealer as well, and I really want to try the Brow Wiz!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is just about finished so I think I'll give the Maybelline one a try just to change it up bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve had my rose gold set for quite a while now, but have found I’m only really now starting to use them. I now can’t wait for the second set to be released later this month. Exciting!


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, I see some new products I'll have to try. That concealer sounds like a must-purchase. I've been in love with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but if I can find a cheaper option I'm all for it. :)

    xo Mandy | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I spot my faves in here too! The Mary Lou offers such a pretty sheen and yet it's almost undetectable! The Fit Me is one of the best drugstore concealers in my eyes :)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I took a double take when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful photography! I really want to try out the Mary-Lou Manizer, read so many good reviews!

    http://oliviaandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha the Oprah reference made me laugh. Great favourites - I love all of these except for the Zoeva brushes, which I've never tried - although I bet I'd love 'em.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes exactly! I feel like I'd be beating a dead horse if I went on about the MAC Cleanse Off Oil or the Stila Blush Palette again. And that sucks that you can't find your Brow Wiz. That would make me rage. Hope it appears again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good. It really is the easiest one to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's crazy. I finally understand the word buttery when people are talking about a powder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tried the Wake Me Up Concealer too and I didn't get on with it. I think it was because the shade range was not so good for pale skin. Plus it's really just an under eye concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Considering it's called Fit Me that range could really use some more shades. The jump from the palest shade to the next one up is pretty significant.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha thank you for Oprah acknowledgement. And with those Zoeva brushes... I was obsessed from the moment I first saw them. They're just so beautiful. Plus, I use them all the time in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Let me know how you think they compare! I've been wanting to try the Nars Concealer for so long, but the price just makes me squirm.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah whhhhatttt? Second set you say?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard lots of comparisons between the Maybelline one and the Nars one, but I have yet to see for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you, and that highlighter is most definitely worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dang, I looked it up and they have white handles. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. AHHHH I love Zoeva brushes. I have the normal ones, though. Dying to get my hands on the Rose Gold version - a girl never has enough brushes! Have you seen the teaser of the new version they are going to release? Rose gold with white handles. I'm dying.


    I might or might not have stared at that picture for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was just talking about that with Emily down below. I didn't know about them until she mentioned it. I saw the teaser on Instagram and I'm concerned... concerned that I'm going to buy them :|

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha thank you. I'm glad people knew what I was talking about with the Oprah thing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not concerned at all. My bank account is, though. D:

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mary Loumanizer actually makes me feel like a Hollywood star. It's a little strong for everyday (I use Dior Amber Diamond or BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in the daytime), but come evening...look out!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Glad you like the maybelline concealer. I'm looking for an affordable option and trying to avoid spending $35 on NARS!

    http://dolledupbyj.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete