3.02.2015

FEBRUARY FAVOURITES


Well, February happened. It just came and went. Despite the gloomy weather, it was actually a pretty good month. My anxiety levels were generally low, which is a huge relief for me. I've been enjoying going to badminton once a week, binge watching Friends on Netflix and listening to some sweet, sweet Hozier (I love him. When he had Annie Lennox come out and join him at The Grammys it was such a f*** yeah moment). I also massively enjoyed getting to work with Brittany on our collaborative Forever Repurchasing posts. She has become someone that I really love talking to and feel that I've made a genuine connection with. I only wish that we could meet up in person! It's a pretty amazing thing to have that come out of this whole blogging business. Anyways, sappiness aside, let's talk products.

Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette
This is the first high end perfume that I've ever owned and was a gift from my lovely friend Emily. I think makes for a great first perfume to own as, first off, despite what I said a mere second ago, it's actually an Eau de Toilette, rather than a perfume, which means it's that little bit less intense. A huge pet peeve of mine is when you can smell someone's perfume from across a room, so something not too in your face is definitely preferable in my mind. I also think the notes in this perfume are quite universally pleasant (then again, I am just one person). It's sweet, a tiny bit floral and a tiny bit fruity. Yet I find no one aspect to be overpowering.

Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

Stila Field of Florals Convertible Colour Palette
This one was another gift. I swear I'm not just laying around on a chaise lounge all day with people draping grapes into my mouth and smothering me with lavish gifts. This was a wonderful gift though. I had been dying to try the Stila Covertible Colours for ages, so when this palette came out it seemed too good to be true. It lived up to all my expectations, providing a beautiful dewy finish and excellent colour payoff. The formula also works well on the lips. I've got a the full palette swatched here.

Clinique Lash Power Feathering Mascara
I got this Mascara as a gift with purchase a few months back. I wore it a few of times, liked it and then sort of forgot about it. I dug it back out this month and I have been impressed. It's nothing like my favourite L'oreal Telescopic Mascara. This one's got rather fluffy bristles, rather than a plastic comb, and it gives a completely different effect. While the Telescopic provides long and separated lashes, this one gives lovely, voluminous and (as the name would suggest) feathery lashes. It also doesn't smudge at all throughout the day. Yay for oily eyelids! It's a bit odd to take off though, as it crumbles off your lashes with warm water.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation
The first time I wore this foundation my friend said to me “your skin looks good today.” YEEESSSS. Anyone feel me here? There's nothing like getting that kind of feedback on a new foundation. This is a different formula than I would usually go for, but I really like the effect. It's a thick mousse that feels surprisingly weightless... and I am one picky Petunia when it comes to being able to feel foundations on my skin. It provides a medium to full coverage, erring on the full side. I've been enjoying applying it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, as that does a nice job sheering it out. Oh and hot damn, Tarte is a cruely free brand!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
I haven't mentioned this moisturizer in a while, but we're still going strong. Having oily skin, I can't stand the feeling of most moisturizers under my makeup. They make my foundation feel heavier and tackier. This one is completely different because it dries totally matte and weightless. The only thing to note is that this moisturizer would not be at all appropriate for drier skin types. It doesn't provide a massive amount of moisture to the skin. It's more just a little something to get us oily skin gals through the day before cracking out the nighttime moisturizer. If you want more details check out my Moisturizing Heaven For Oily Skin post.

Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner and Serum
I gave this liner some love in my The New Generation of Eyeliner Pens post. It's resplendidly impressive for a drugstore pen liner. Rather than a felt tip it has hairs that come together into a fine point. The result is a lot more precision and a lot less dragging on the lid. I also find it impressive that this formula contains a lash boosting serum. As I mentioned before, the one downside is that the colour payoff isn't as pure as I'd like it to be. It does take two coats. Still, overall it was most definitely worth the $10. I much prefer it to the L'oreal Super Liner.


35 comments:

  1. Haha, I want to live that life with grapes and Stila palettes, though. Lovely picks.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tarte foundation and friend told me the same thing! It's a good skin in a tube!

    Sophia // sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, WISH i could try some Tarte things sometime ;)

    your photo is gorge like usual (tried to shorten that word but couldn't lel)

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation is on my wish list for months! So excited to go to Moncton this month to actually buy it!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feathering mascara is the perfect thing for no-makeup makeup days! Clinique always seems to get mascara right. Also, that EDT sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try more of Clinique mascaras, I've always loved the ones I've tried yet I seem to forget them!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. REALLY want to try that Clinique mascara! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Kendall Jenner in the picture on the right under welcome? Also, I just did a February Favorites post of my own on my blog, would love it if you could check it out! Xo

    Lauren, http://fineandflawed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I've been wanting to try that Tarte foundation for awhile. And that Stila palette looks so beautiful!


    Kelsey | kelseybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED when Annie came out and they sang together! Total "f--k yeah" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the dramatically different moisturizing lotion+, I'm sure it's as awesome as the gel!

    www.withinjayslife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg! I've been LOVING Hozier lately as well! He's such a cutie, and the video for his latest single (Someone New, bloody love that song) just dropped featuring Natalie Dormer who I have a major girl crush on. Aww yeee Badminton is probably the only sport I am moderately okay at and have a good time partaking in lol. Seriously though, need the Tarte foundation and Stila palette in my life. I wonder if the palette will ever make its way over here!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stila palette is so, so beautiful! I love that it is multi use as well.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tarte foundation sounds amazing! Definitely going to have to try it out! x
    Madeleine, The Daily Mark

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, there's something about his smile that's just so sweet. Plus I love that he someone with something to say. And yes! Badminton all the way. Glad I'm not alone here haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha weirdly I have been told a few times lately that I look like Kendall Jenner. I think it's just because I'm also part Armenian.
    I checked out your favourites. Love me some Pro Longwear too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes!! It was so genius. No better way to make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is pretty fantastic coverage. I tried a sample of the LM Silk Creme and this one and I preferred this one. They're both nice but this one feels a lot lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much good contained in such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really curious to try other Clinique mascaras now too. The High Impact and Bottom Lash are calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just added more to my wishlist. Such as that Tarte foundation! I haven't tried a really full full coverage foundation in awhile so hopefully it doesn't make me break out. Also, that PF eyeliner sounds really great.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Stila palette is absolutely gorgeous, I adore the shades!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Stila palette looks amazing!

    Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Burberry Brit is my favourite perfume. So delicious!


    Sophie | sophschoices.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know!! I still get excited when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't any problems with the Tarte foundation myself, but everyone's skin is different. Also I definitely don't wear it every day. I try not to wear foundation too regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah it kinda sealed the deal for me when Estee referred to it as a cross between the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. It sounded too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's just so nice to look at if nothing else, like that Nars Lip Pencil set of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything I've ever tried from Tarte has been really impressive. They're quickly becoming one of my favourite brands.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm really curious to try the lotion now that I've tried the gel.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both my favourites! Though I like the classic High Impact and detest the High Impact Extreme Volume…totally polar opposites haha.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yeah it's nice and sweet, but not sickeningly so. Very feminine in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stila looks gorgeous - I really want to try this X
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow that stila palette is beautiful!

    http://thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. DAT palette. I swoon over it anytime you feature it on your blog, lol. SO BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete