3.12.2015

MARVELOUS NETFLIX TV PICKS 2


It seemed about time for round two of the Netflix picks. Binge watching Netflix shows is one of my greatest talents. I know, I know, impressive. It takes years for some to accomplish what I have can in a mere few days. Oh dear, I need to get outside more. At any rate, these are some great TV shows.


Broadchurch
This show stuck with me big time. I'm sure many of you have heard about this murder mystery, focusing on the death of a young boy, set in a small town in England. There's something about the feel of the show that really shakes you to your core. David Tennant and Olivia Colman were both absolutely outstanding, as was the soundtrack by Ólafur Arnalds. I finished all eight episodes of season one in a couple of days and I'm about to start season two now.

Sherlock
Where do I begin? Do I talk about my love for Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman? Do I talk about how good the dialogue is? Or how well the plots are written? You get the gist – another brilliant murder mystery. This show did the books justice and then some.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Funniest. Show. Ever. There are few shows I've watched in my life that I'm literally laughing out loud all the time. This is one of them. Brooklyn Nine-Nine follows the ridiculous shenanigans of a police force under the command of a hilarious, yet robotic captain. Plus I have to say, I never thought I'd have a crush on Andy Samberg... particularly while he's playing such an immature character. Did anyone else have that weird experience?

Chuck
Everything about this comedy adds up to cheesy, but I love it anyways! It's about a computer geek who accidentally acquires classified government information and the madness that ensues – CIA protection, undercover missions, etc. Like I said, cheesy, but so much feel good fun.

Futurama
Just in case anyone missed Futurama, DO IT. Of The Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama, Futurama was by far my favourite and the most clever. The basic premise is that a pizza boy accidentally cryogenically freezes himself and wakes up 1000 years into the future. You then get to follow the tales of the “Planet Express” crew he joins. The show actually got cancelled for a few years and had an epic comeback season.

Arrested Development
I haven't sat down and properly watched this show in years and yet I still find myself quoting it on a near daily basis. Mitchell Hurwitz did something truly original and genius with Arrested Development (and then went and ruined it with the final Netflix season, but we'll pretend that one didn't happen). As you'll hear so many times in the intro, “it's the story of a wealthy family that lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together.” Basically you're watching a highly dysfunctional family at its best and with one of the most witty scripts ever written.

26 comments:

  1. Love the Sherlock and Brooklyn 99! Two of my favourites too. You have to check out House of Cards!!!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should watch Misfits. It is the shit. Season 3/4 onwards kinda gets meh but OH MY THE FIRST TWO SEASONS

    Their new Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt thing or whatever it's called is less awful than I'd assumed, as well.

    But DON'T go near Pretty little Liars without a valid excuse because ew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Sherlock too!
    I just started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I'm experiencing the weird Andy-crush :O :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Futurama <3 I haven't watched it in years, now I can't remember why because it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to watch Sherlock, its just everything I love in a show!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these shows! Besides brooklyn nine nine I've seen all of them. more than once if I'm honest, I do love a good marathon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great shows! I haven't seen Broadchurch though, but I'm such a sucker for murder mysteries so I'll have to check it out. I started watching 'The Fall", set in Belfast, so good, you should check it out. Very creepy though, but still good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched the first episode and it seemed really good. Need to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am genuinely so excited for you right now. I wish I were watching Brooklyn 99 for the first time again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that show so much... Fry, Bender, The Professor Zapp Brinnigan. Everyone's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I watched the first season of Misfits and it was really good and for some reason I just stopped watching. I need to get back on that.
    And yeah I watched a couple episodes of the Kimmy Schmidt thing. Still not sure what I think of it. It's had its ups and downs.
    As for Pretty Little Liars... ahhh I've done it. However know that I watched it in deep, deep shame and would never recommend it to anyone. I'm really not proud. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many on the list that I know I need to do still. House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Homeland. The list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you checked the 100! My favorite show of the moment ;)

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love sherlock and broadchurch the second series just ended a few ago here in the uk hope you enjoy it
    www.fashionandbeautytribes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're on a house of cards marathon right now! Have you watched archer? If you like futurama, it's definitely a must see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy Chuck is on the list! That used to be my favorites show! Watched the whole series twice and it always made me laugh!











    knotsandruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah! I watched the first couple of seasons of Archer. T'was awesome. Need to finish it. That's how you get ants.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! Another lover of Chuck. It's such a feel good show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been desperately trying to find a source to watch it from.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Someone else told me to watch this too. I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should it really is the best show of the moment (in my opinion). I just finished season 2 and I can't wait till season 3! lol
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wait... I swear I had something for this

    ReplyDelete
  23. ❧◔❧◔get $69 /hr@ad6:<-Let's start work by Google!!Yes,this is definitely the most financialy rewarding I've had . Last Monday I bought a great Lotus Elan after I been earnin $9534 this-last/5 weeks and-a little over, $10k lass month . . I started this four months/ago and immediately started to bring home minimum $97 per/hr ... I work ->

    Going Here you

    Can Find Out,

    ►►►►►► >>>https://JobsPlanes2.biz/EarnS/Planes....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love of these are on my list! I loved "Arrested Development," and recently binge-watched Tina Fey's "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" which was HILARIOUS! Right now I am working my way through the latest season of "House of Cards."

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've started with Brooklyn Nine-nine and it's truly hilarious! Plus I also have that weird crush on Andy Samberg. Don't know what's up with him but he's hilariously and weirdly attractive to me... le sigh. 10/10 would hit that.


    If you like comedy shows, try Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's quite new I believe, but it's amazingly funny. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete