4.01.2015

MARCH FAVOURITES

the balm mary lou-manizer, nars cruella, anastasia dipbrow pomade

March was a very minimal makeup month. I really didn't reach for too much outside of the usual mascara/concealer/powder type of business. However there were a few makeup bits I particularly enjoyed this month, as well as something for the hair and for the body.

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
I mentioned this in my January Favourites, but it's two months later and I still can't seem to get enough of this stuff. It's one heck of a highlighter. If you want something that's really going to bring a glow to your skin, this is your guy. It's not subtle, yet it's not sparkly. It strikes an impressive balance.

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
While I generally find the Anastasia Brow Wiz to be a quicker fix, I've also been enjoying the Dipbrow Pomade. It's more pigmented and, used with the right brush, you can draw in nice, natural looking individual hairs. I also find that with my bushy brows sometimes it's hard to work a pencil in between the hairs. The Dipbrow is easier to wiggle into any gaps.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
Remember a second ago when I said I hadn't been reaching for anything fancy? Well this is definitely an exception. I can't get over how beautiful this red is. It's deep, gorgeous and hella matte, just the way I like it. When I don't want to go for anything too bold, I apply a small amount of this to my lips and smudge it in with the warmth of my finger. It turns into a more casual looking, long lasting stain.

Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel
Truth be told, I'm not always a fan of Lush. I think some of their stuff smell amazing, whereas others can smell a bit... stuffy... to me. This grapefruit shower gel, however, is so fresh and lovely. It's a real pick me up in the morning. I'm a sucker for anything grapefruit.

Joico Blow Dry Perfecting Cream
This was a gifty from my step-mom at Christmas time (thanks Joyce). I've been meaning to include this in my favourites for months, but my memory has failed me every time up until now. I have quite frizzy, unruly hair that usually needs some heat styling to get it looking half decent. This Blow Dry Perfecting Cream is ideal, as it provides both that heat protection that I need and also works to help smooth at some of the frizziness. 

Favourite show: The Musketeers
I thought I'd include a couple of non-beauty favourites for a change. Jason and I binge-watched all the Musketeers this month and it was delightful. This is one awesome, sassy rendition of The Musketeers done by BBC. It has all the action and drama that you'd expect, but it also had me laughing away. Plus, a little romance on the side. The first season is on Netflix.

Favourite song: From Afar by Vance Joy
I am obsessed with this song right now. I have to stop myself from listening to it on repeat. It's both a beautiful song and a beautiful music video.

22 comments:

  1. You know a product is good if you can't help but add it to the next month's favorites! My TV show of the month has got to be The Fosters :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy lush happy hippie too - it is probably one of my favorite of their scents! You should also try their Ocean Salt scrub. I think it is in the same realm of happy, "pick me up" sort of scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll get the Happy Hippy shower gel, I'm a big fan of Lush haha. I need a new different shower gel x


    Emma | ohflowerchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Musketeers, can't wait for the next season! The Happy Hippy shower gel sounds so nice x

    Sophie | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i ordered the mary lou manizer a few days ago and can't wait until i get my hands on it ! i love the happy hippy shower gel as well, the scent is amazing! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Lou Manizer is amazing isn't it! I also love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm that shower gel from Lush sounds lovely, I'm nearly out of my Snow Fairy rations from this christmas!

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried the Anastasia Dip Brow and it's incredible, can't get enough of it! The Nars lip pencil looks gorgeous too x


    Ciara | Ciara Pocket

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cruella is such a gorgeous colour, perfect for something a little more dressy!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to try some of these, they look so good! Beautiful post as always <3 xx


    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought one of the Nars pencils and I've become obsessed! So freakin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I think they've got to be my favourite lip formula ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't interested in the Dipbrow for the longest time, but after trying to Brow Wiz I knew it had to be good too. Was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I totally ration my stuff from Christmas too. I had a bunch of bubble bars and I made them last!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh child I am excited for you to try the Mar Lou-Manizer. Glad to hear you're on board with happy hippy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! Awesome. I'm so glad someone else has seen The Musketeers too. Love me some Aramis. Heck, I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely give it a sniff. Ah it's just so yummy and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh making a mental note to smell the Ocean Salt Scrub next time I'm in lush. I could use all the pick me ups I can get in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. True dat. I've never heard of The Fosters before. I'll have to look for a trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I defiantly need to try Dip Brow, everyone raves about it and I can't bare missing out!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE happy hippy! It smells so good!

    Sofia | palelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Right there with you. The citrus scents are always my favourite ones at Lush.

    ReplyDelete