6.06.2015

BRIGHT SUMMER LIP PICKS

I love the summertime. It's the greatest time of the year for me. I get to swim, eat excessive amounts of ice cream, go running not in the rain (any Vancouverites feel me here?) and crack out the tank tops. Breathe thine limbs, breathe. I also have an excuse to recover my bright lipsticks from the depths of my drawers and wear them out in public so that my friends' dads can say “that's an interesting colour.” I'll run through the lineup I've got today.

MUA Lipstick in Juicy
If you're generally a fan of nudes, but you're willing to spice it up a bit for summer, this could be your guy. Juicy is a revolting name, but a lovely peachy pink with a slight 60's retro vibe. Considering it's a mere £1.00 the formula is pretty impressively creamy and pigmented.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie
I was watching one of Estee's videos and she held up this lipstick and said “this is such a classic Essiebutton colour.” So I bought it. I'm hardly impressionable. I love that girl's taste. This is another creamy smooth formula. It's not overly pigmented, which is nice for a more casual look.

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Yu
This, on the other hand, is pigmented and then some. I wouldn't say Yu is for the faint-hearted. It's a wonderful bright, cool toned pink that makes me feel chic as all heck. It's a satin finish and not too drying, but it leaves a decent stain behind on the lips.


L-R: MUA Juicy, NYX Little Susie, Nars Yu, Nars Dragon Girl, Maybelline Hibiscus Haven, Revlon Rendezvous

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl
How many times have I professed my love for this colour. I just don't think that there's anything more perfect out there. This is a true matte lipstick, so you might want to give your lips a sexy massage with some balm before application. The colour, oh the colour. A gorgeous, bright, blue toned red, that almost leans toward magenta in some lights. Heavenly.

Maybelline Color Elixir in Hibiscus Haven
These glosses have a lovely texture and a lot of pigment. I like this colour in particular because it's almost a Barbie Pink. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not that kind of gal. I said almost. I think the fact that it's still somewhat sheer (being a gloss) makes the colour come off seeming fresh and summery, rather than tacky.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous
Remember these bad boys? I haven't heard much about these stains in a while, but I still love 'em. They smell minty fresh and they're so easy to apply. They're sheer enough that it doesn't feel like I constantly have to worry about my lipstick smudging, but they're still pigmented enough to have an effect. I like a lot of colours in the range, but it's always fun to have an orange for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment