6.21.2015

PHOTOGRAPHY: CATCH-ALL DISH CRAZED


Forgive me my noodly father, for I have sinned. Gluttony is my crime. Gluttony of the catch-all dish variety...

I have a new photography obsession – catch-all dishes. These little dishes have become my favourite way to spruce up a photograph. They can add a pop of colour or texture and they serve to break up a photograph. They're like a handy cheat when you're feeling like your visuals are looking lackluster. It's all I can do to stop myself from using them in every post.

I've fallen in love with so many offerings from Urban Outfitters as you'll see below. They've got that delicate, “vintage,” hipster look down so well. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere that stocks Zara Home or H&M Home then get in there tiger! I'm particularly keen on the H&M marble and copper trays. If you're struggling to find something you like, don't forget about the wonders of spray paint (particularly paired with thrift store finds). This copper tray from Urban Outfitters that I've featured in the photo was originally a kind of sewer serpent gold colour. It looked nothing like their photo. A little copper spray paint de-shat it nicely.

Check out some of my favourite picks if you share the catch dish craziness.


Links L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Links L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8



No comments:

Post a Comment