7.07.2015

JUNE FAVOURITES


June was an absolute scorcher of a month. I think we had one day of rain and near 30° weather most days, which is unheard of for Vancouver at this time of year. July seems to be showing no signs of change. It's been nice to be able to wear t-shirts and shorts everyday, but I do feel badly for the poor thirsty plants. They need their water. Anywho, this really has nothing to do with my monthly favourites, but I fancied giving you guys a West Coast update.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
I mentioned this in the last months favourites and did a full review a few weeks ago. I can't seem to stop talking about this tinted moisturizer. I don't think I've ever reached for a base so much in my life and that includes my Diorskin Nude BB Cream. It's just the right amount of coverage – quite light so I still feel like me – and it has the most beautiful, dewy finish. Sew gewd.

Tarte Smooth Operator Powder
Sparks are flying once again between me and my Tarte. I've tried a few different powders in the past few months, but returning to this one... well it just felt right. It's so much finer, smoother and more silky than any other powder I own and I love that it's translucent. I can't stand the cakey look that you can sometimes get when setting concealer with a pigmented powder. I never have to worry about it with this sweet mama.

NYX HD Blush in Taupe
I've never been much of a contour girl. I cringe when I see people slathering on piles of near white concealer under their eyes and contour around their face. But this product is different. You can create a subtle and very believable shadow effect with it. The powder formula allows you to build up slowly so you don't have to look like Kim Kardashian.





Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara
I wasn't completely sure what to expect from this tube. I've avoided tinted brow gels for ages because I've already got fairly bushy brows and I didn't think I needed any more of them. However this Instagram account made me reconsider (if you're a fan of beautiful, bushy brows, check that baby out!). The Brow Drama is quite nice for someone like me. It adds a little bit of colour (I have the darkest shade they make) and fluffs up your brows a bit, but it doesn't add too much bulk. I'll admit, I'm still curious to try the L'oreal Brow Plumper though. The brush looks a little more sensible on that one. Has anyone tried both?

Kiko Kiss Balm in Cherry
I love this lip product because I'm lazy as all heck and it's so easy to use on the go. It's a very sheer, pretty light pink that makes your lips look plump and delectable. It smells delicious and sweet, a bit like MAC lipsticks, and contains an SPF of 15, which I'm very grateful for at the moment. Swatch here.

Kiko Lip Liner in Cherry Red
When I'm not feeling quite as lazy I've been turning to this Kiko Lip Liner. It's the colour I was wearing in my Big Sunglasses & Bold Lips post. Perfectly matte and gorgeously raspberry coloured, this liner hits the spot for me when used all over the lips. It kinda kills me that we don't have access to Kiko in Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment