7.21.2015

WELL, NOW THAT STROBING IS A THING...


When I first heard the term strobing, like many others I'm sure, I kinda rolled my eyes. Once I got over the unnecessary name though, I actually started to enjoy the concept. I could never really get on board with the intense contouring trend. I don't mind it used with a light hand, but I never warmed to the Kardashian thing. Instead I've always been more drawn to simply working with light, or highlighter. That seems to be the essence of this whole strobing trend – bringing luminosity to the face and lifting it, without any of the heaviness of contouring. It's a technique that I've noticed on the runway for years and I'm glad that it's finally catching on in day to day life.




In terms of products, I love me some true white based/pinky highlighters. If you have fair/medium skin, those tones lend a lot of freshness and radiance to the face. I used a whole variety of cool toned highlighters on Kate today. I think layering is key. I first mixed some of the L'oreal Magic Lumi Primer with the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moistruizer and applied that over her face. I then took some liquid highlighter, The Body Shop Universal Radiance, and applied it to the high points of her face – her cupid's bow, tops of her cheekbones, brow bone, above her eyebrows, forehead, down the bridge of her nose and even on the center of the lids. You've got to go all out for strobing. I then went in with the Colourpop Highlighter in Smoke N Whistles, which has a unique cream/powder formula, and applied it again to the high points. It layers nicely over The Body Shop highlighter. Finally, for the inner corners of her eyes I mixed theBalm's Mary Lou-Manizer and Smoke N Whistles to create a bit of a warmer tone. A little warmth is nice in that area.



L-R: L'oreal Magic Lumi Primer, Body Shop Universal Radiance, Jouer Champagne, Kiko Rose Highlighter

L-R: theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer, Elf Pinktastic, Colourpop Smoke N Whistles




No comments:

Post a Comment