8.17.2015

5 MAKEUP BITS TO TRY


In the past few months I've gone a bit crazy trying out new products. I should probably cool my jets for a bit for the sake of my bank account. On the bright side I've found a lot of fantastic products, many of which have made their way into my daily makeup bag. I'm having trouble waiting until the next monthly favourites to tell you guys about them. So I'll just tell you about a few of them for now.

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Medium Deep
I bought one of the Mineralized Skinfinishes Natural in a few shades deeper than my skin tone so that I could use it as a bronzer. Dang, it makes a beautiful bronzer. It doesn't look at all cakey, it's not completely flat matte, but it doesn't have a sparkly finish. The colour is fairly warm, but on my slightly tanned skin it works nicely.

Milani Powder Blush in Romantic Rose
I'll be honest. I bought this blush 90% for the embossed rose. It's so perdy. The quality of the blush is fantastic too though. It lasts well on my skin and it's a lovely dusty rose colour that compliments the deeper nude lip that's so in style these days. I can't wait to wear this colour on pale winter skin.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Lip Balm
I picked this up back when I had my little visit to France. I love the Cicaplast B5 Baume, so I had a good feeling about the Cicaplast Lip Balm. I'm glad to report my good feeling was on point! This is a fantastic lip balm. I love the infamous Nuxe lip balm, but I find that sometimes when my lips are severely chapped something slightly less waxy works better. This is a bit more liquid and really helps restore moisture to my lips.

Elf Brushes
I am so in love with these brushes. I cannot believe they're only $3 a piece. They're even softer than a lot of my Zoeva brushes. The shape of the Small Tapered Brush is perfection. It's good for just about everything – under eye powder, contour, highlighter. the Blush Brush is also the perfect “blush brush” size, nice a petite.

Colourpop Highlighter in Smoke N Whistles
For anyone who enjoyed the intensity of TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer, this is worth a try. It's gorgeous and intense like the Mary Lou-Manizer, but with a pink tone to it. It also has a very different texture. It's somewhere in between a cream and a powder and it applies much better with fingers. This would be a great highlighter for pale skin tones. Swatch here.



No comments:

Post a Comment