8.23.2015

EMBRYOLISSE LAIT CREME CONCENTRE



I want to start today by apologizing to you guys. The past month has been total chaos. We've moved house and still haven't yet managed to unpack. I feel like I have so much stuff I have to get done and at the same time I'm trying to enjoy the last of the short summers that we get here. As a consequence I haven't had the time and energy that I would like to have had to put into Bloomin' Rouge. I know everybody says "you do you, post as much or little as you like." But it's important to me to be regularly producing fresh content for you guys. I'm sorry that I haven't been doing that. It will probably be a few more weeks of madness and then I should be back in the swing of things.

Okay moving onto today's topic, the infamous Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. I avoided this moisturizer for ages. It's been so hyped and when I looked at the ingredient list it didn't seem anything special. I picked up a small tube a few months ago when I was in France just for the heck of, seeing as it's so cheap there, and I only just opened it a week or two ago.

I was so surprised to find that I'm actually in love. While there truly isn't anything remarkable about the ingredients, the finish makes up for it all. I talk a lot about disliking the feeling of moisturizer under makeup with my oily skin. It makes my makeup feel greasy. So I'm always looking for a daytime moisturizer that sinks in and doesn't leave any dewiness. I've found gel moisturizers to be quite effective, as they dry matte, however they don't exactly bring it in the moisture department.

This offering by Embryolisse brings together the best of both worlds. It really sinks into the skin and dries to a lovely satin finish. At the same time you get a nice bit of hydration. It also primes the skin nicely, making it easy to blend your foundation in. I know a lot of people won't like the fact that mineral oil is the second ingredient listed on the tube, but I can't say that I particularly mind. Die hard Caroline Hirons fans probably won't touch this with a ten foot pole, but I quite like what Lisa Eldridge had to say on the matter (talking about her favourite Eve Lom Cleanser). "People get upset because it's got mineral oil in it. It's absolutely fine for me, and I think that there's so much scare-mongering about different grades of mineral oil. " I think she has a pretty realistic attitude about it all. She also talks more about mineral oil in her Cleansing Balms video if you're curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment