10.24.2015

THE NEW H&M BEAUTY LINE


I sensed some curiosity in the force. I just watched the new Star Wars trailer and I am literally wetting myself with excitement. But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about today. I'm talking about the curiosity surrounding the new H&M beauty line. I've seen surprisingly little info on the new launch and I wanted to test out a few pieces and give you lovely people the low down.

First off, the packaging. They nailed it. Some things feels a little on the cheap plastic side, but for the most part it's beautiful. The hexagonal blushes, the black, white and gold packaging, the font they used... gah, vonderfull. Also I have to give major props to the colours they chose in all of their makeup. The eye shadows, liners, lipsticks, etc, all come in some truly exquisite, unique shades. But putting aside the surface appearance, how is the actual quality of the products?

I'm happy to report that for the most part I've been extremely impressed. The eyeliners a-mauuuzzing. They are possibly the creamiest liners I've ever used and they stay in place perfectly once they set. I was surprisingly impressed with the concealer trio as well, which is the product I had the least high hopes for. It's ultra creamy, yet I haven't experienced much creasing (if any) when using it under the eyes.


T-B: Eyeliners in Terrior & Grand Cru, Lip Cream in Screen Siren, Blush in Cherry, Concealer Trio in Light

The blush was another major hit. I'm not sure if I just got especially lucky with the shade, but it is so pigmented and lasted incredibly well. I can't tell you how pleased I am with it, particularly as it comes in the darnedest prettiest packaging I ever did see. The only miss for me was the Velvet Lip Cream. I wanted to like this. I really did. Unfortunately after using the Sephora Cream Lip Stains and the Bourjois Velvet Lipsticks, I just couldn't. The formula was too patchy and drying and there wasn't enough play time before they set. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other colours were better though, as I know this shade is a difficult one to get right when it comes to liquid lipsticks.

I'm curious to see how some of their bath, body and hair products are. They smelled quite yummy when I had a sniff around. I'm also curious to hear how people like their foundations. I also gave some of their single eye shadows a swatch and I was very impressed with the pigmentation. So, all in all, for the price, I'd say it's definitely worth giving this line a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment