11.05.2015

OCTOBER FAVOURITES


I have warn more makeup in this month than ever before in my life. While I might be dying to scratch it all off my face by the end of the day, the actual process of experimenting and playing around with it has been loads of fun! I have so many favourites for the month, but I'm forcing myself to narrow it down to just six.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
I've had a love/hate relationship with this concealer. It's insanely pigmented and long wearing and generally amazing, but it's been a challenge getting it to work for me. One of the girls at Sephora showed me a trick recently that's made it so much easier to apply. Load your brush up with the product and work it into the palm of your (clean) hand. That area is much warmer than the back of your hand. Once you've worked it in for a while you can take what's left on your brush and pat it onto any areas that need concealing. It's much more workable that way.

NYX Taupe Blush
This still takes the cake for best contour colour in the drugstore. I don't think I've ever seen such a true cool-toned contour in another brand. There's only one product that makes me want to stray from this guy and it's the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Palette. I use that all the time on clients as Sephora and danggg it's tempting me. It's tempting me hard.

H&M Blush in Cherry
This is the most pigmented blush I've ever touched. I think it might just be this shade in their blush range that's so intense, but even so. I dip my brush into it as lightly as possible and work off any excess into the back of my hand and I still have blush coming out the wazoo. The colour is so gorgeous too. It looks like a nice, natural flush on my olive skin.

H&M Liners in Grand Cru & Terrior
These easily rival any high end liners! They're creamy as can be, long wearing and, what's more, the shade range is truly unique and beautiful. I'm so impressed with all of the colour ranges H&M released.  I need to do a Christmas look with Grand Cru because I think you guys will really love the colour.

MAC Lipstick in Mehr
Can I just have a hipster moment for a second please? I totally bought this before everyone started talking about it... I apologize... that felt wrong. Anyways, MAC Mehr is as beautiful as everyone says. It's that perfect 90s lip that's not overly brown. It's a matte finish and, as I'm sure you all know, MAC lipsticks smell so darn edible. You can see this lipstick on here.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned
I've warn this pencil a lot this month. A lot a lot. It's such a good berry shade for those that don't want to go too crazy. It's deep and rich, but it's not over the top. Plus, dat formula. So, so velvety. The only down side is that they need to be sharpened.

No comments:

Post a Comment