1.02.2016

THE BEAUTY LOVER TAG


I felt like doing something different today. I wanted to make up a tag (God I'm weak for a good pun). I'm sure this exact tag has been done before, but screw it. We're making it our own! I thought it'd be fun to create 10 beauty questions and rally you all to join in. I've given you my answers, but I want to hear yours too! Here goes.

1. If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
Oh, Holly. What an easy question to answer. It's almost as though you wrote it yourself. The great Lisa Eldridge of course. I know there are so many brilliant makeup artists out there, but there's just something about Lisa Eldridge. She speaks my language. Her artistry is so meticulous and beautiful. She's a huge idol of mine.

2. What's your top makeup tip?
Map out your winged liner with your eyes open, relaxed and looking straight into the mirror. That way your wing will fall naturally, rather than becoming warped when you finally relax your eye.

3. What one makeup item could you not live without?
Concealer. I ain't got time for no foundation. I can live without mascara, but concealer is my homie. A little concealer under the eyes and over any blemishes takes me from feeling like a groggy turd to a normal human being.

4. What one skincare item could you not live without?
Cleansing oil/balm. I don't know how I went so long without using oil based cleansers. They break down all of your makeup better than anything else, they don't dry out your skin and they leave you feeling soft and supple. Baby's bottom style.

5. What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
False lashes. I know in theory they're easy once you get the hang of them, but I still haven't. Curse those fiddly little bastards!

6. What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
I can't stand seeing people with beautiful skin wearing high coverage foundations. I don't understand it. Why hide that radiance with a thick layer of foundation?! Also, I hate foaming cleansers. Just putting that out there.

7. What's your favourite makeup era?
I love the 20's and the 60's. The 20's had this sad, elegance to it that was just so artful. The 60's, on the other hand, was so much fun with all their wild and dramatic eye makeup. I love a good cut crease.

8. What's your guilty pleasure product?
Urban Decay Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy. I'm not normally a sparkly eye shadow kind of gal, but there's something about that silvery gold glitter liner that tickles me. It's makes for a twinkle in your eye.

9. What's your underdog product?
I want to dedicate a whole post to underdog products, so for now I'll just mention one... or two. Smashbox powder foundations are so underrated. Both the Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder and the Photo Filter Powder Foundation are fantastic. They look lightweight and natural on the skin and the shade range is the best I've ever seen in powder foundations. They're such realistic skin tones compared to Bare Minerals, NARS or Tarte.

10. What's your favourite makeup product of 2015?
I already talked about my 2015 favourites in my last post, but if I had to pick just one, it's got to be the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I get compliments on my skin all the time when I'm wearing it, which is a big deal for me. It looks so skin-like. It's the most undetectable base that I own.

I'm tagging anyone and everyone to join in. And Tasha, Camey, Maddy, Brittany, Emma... you know I want to hear yours. Wiggly eyebrows.


No comments:

Post a Comment