2.26.2016

FEBRUARY FAVOURITES


Today I took my guinea pigs to the vet. And today is the day that my pigs went from being boys... to, well... to unics. It's going to drive them nuts all the jokes I make at their expense. Mind you, it's hardly their fault if they're a little testy about it. What does this have to do with my February Favourites you ask? Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to make some jokes about balls. Come on, they weren't total junk were they? Onward and upward! I've had a lot of favourites this month so we best get on.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
The launch of the new Ambient Lighting Highlighters reminded me that it was about time to pull out the old Ambient Lighting Palette. I think I've re-fallen in love with this palette harder than I ever have before. The subtle ethereal glow that you get from using all three in combination is really something.

Nuxe Reve De Miel
For months my lips were getting increasingly dry and sore. Nothing seemed to be doing the trick. Then I remembered that I had a secret second pot of my Nuxe Reve De Miel stashed away in my cupboards. Within a few days of using it again my lips were feeling 10x better. Past Holly, rest assured that present Holly is trying to high five you through the space time continuum.

Amore Pacific Future Response Age Delay Creme
I am so impressed with Amore Pacific. It's a Korean skincare line (the mother of all Korean skincare lines really) that focuses largely on soothing and hydrating the skin. I was given a deluxe sample of the Future Response Creme and, while I don't have much interest in the anti-aging aspect, what I do find interesting is the fact that they use matsutake mushroom as an ingredient. Matsutake mushroom is known for its impressive anti-inflammatory properties. I was really curious to try this as I have problems with itchy, inflamed areas of skin. I have to say, it has been wonderful. It really is very soothing. I'm impressed, though I suppose I should be with a price tag of $210.

Sephora Collection Baked Foundation Powder
I've grown to be quite fond of this foundation powder. It's a light coverage that evens out my redness without looking too heavy on my skin. I find once my natural oils come through you'd never know it was a powder foundation. I've had a lot of compliments on my skin while wearing this and that's really enough for me and my fragile ego.

NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Adoration
These blushes seem a bit odd when you first start to work with them because they're so stiff. It does mean that you have to really swirl your brush around properly in the pan, however once they're on your skin, they stay on. They offer such a beautiful radiant glow. I often use the lighter half as a highlight. The cool thing about these guys is that they can be used wet to add a more metallic sheen to the cheeks.

Jo Malone
I love the Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne. It's one of my most precious items (made even more special by the fact that it was gifted to me by a wonderful friend). So when I saw that Morgan was selling the Sea Salt & Wood Sage Cologne on her blog, I'll admit I got a little over-excited and wet myself. It's a lovely scent – the cologne, not my soggy pants. Nothing can beet Blackberry & Bay for me, but it's a unique, fresh alternative for days that I feel like mixing it up.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Yup. It's as good as everyone says. It's pigmented, it's flexible, it's easy to use and it has the finest tip. The only other pen liner that I think might compare is the Stila one. I'm going to have to give that a proper go one day, as I've only used it on clients.

Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blancquer
I've seen mixed reviews of this liner, but I can't see what any of the negative comments were talking about. To me it's everything that you could want in a liner. It's extremely pigmented, it gives you plenty of time to smudge it out and once it sets, it's on there. And I mean on there. This is the only product that I've successfully been able to tight-line with. But more on that another time.

So please tell me what you guys have been enjoying. I feel like I'm falling out of touch with what's good in the drugstore now. Please let me know because I'd like to stay in the loop. Cheers mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment