3.14.2016

CLEANSER REVIEW GALORE


Cleansers are one of the skincare products I like to play around with most. My treatments are usually pretty boring because I'm on prescriptions and I don't want to mess around with them. But cleansers... well that's when I'm like a college girl making out with another collage girl at a frat party while a bunch of dudes watch... experimental. Inappropro? I've had the pleasure of trying out a load of new cleansers in the past few months and I want to give you guys the run down. Come, get experimental with me. Giggity.

Amore Pacific Cleansing Oil
This is a lovely lightweight cleanser. Amore Pacific always rocks my socks. The oil is a blend of camellia sinesis seed oil, coconut oil, citrus extracts and a variety of other goodies. It's quite a liquid texture so it spreads over the skin easily and breaks down makeup in no time. It also completely emulsifies once you add water, leaving no residue behind. The only thing I'd say is be careful of this cleanser if you are sensitive the fruit extracts.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
This is definitely not my usual cleanser. It's a lot more intense than what I typically go for. It's a silky gel-type formula (not really sure what to call the formula actually) that lathers ever so slightly and removes makeup. It's worth mentioning that it smells like a cucumber, rose dream. I like this cleanser, however this is one that I only use once every few days as it does leave my skin feeling a little drier than I like. It's excellent for a deep cleaning session though.

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
I hate to say this, but this is the cleanser that I'm most hesitant about. I love the idea behind Tata Harper so much – true clean, fresh, organic skincare – but the reality is that it's very irritating for some skin types. So here's the upside. It smells deliciously of grapefruit, it doesn't dry my skin out but leaves it feeling clean and I like the idea that there are exfoliating enzymes in there. The downside is that it contains “apricot seed powder” to exfoliate. I think I wouldn't mind if it were truly a fine powder, but it actually feels fairly scratchy. So I only use this once a week at most.

Fresh Seaberry Cleansing Oil
This product had a lot of excitement surrounding it when it launched at Sephora. Finally Fresh made a cleansing oil! Like the Amore Pacific Cleansing Oil, this formula breaks down makeup and washes away completely with water. Check and check. It also has a nice antioxidant rich, gentle formula. Cool cool. My only gripe, and this is a small one, is that I feel like it's a little bit difficult to spread around the face. The oil is a little bit thicker and doesn't seem to melt into the skin quite like some. However, that also means it doesn't run down your hands like crazy. So you win some you lose some. But mostly you win.

Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser
This is my wet dream morning cleanser. It's heavenly. Oily skin types will love this and dry skin types could easily too. It's so creamy and hydrating that you'd never believe it contains clay. It feels refreshing and clarifying without destroying the moisture balance of your skin. I shant say anymore, just pick yourself up a sample and see if you agree.

Pixi Mud Cleanser*
Pixi sent me their Skin Treats Mud Cleanser. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it because. let's face it, Ren is a hard act to follow, but it's grown on me. I like that it's a cream cleanser and that it has the 5% glycolic in it (which, to be fair, probably isn't doing a whole lot in a cleanser, but still) and I like the idea that it contains clarifying mud. I also find it impressive that the first ingredient is aloe and that is contains a whole variety of nourishing oils. The only thing I struggle with is the texture. I wish it were a bit more creamy. It seems to disappear on my skin. It pairs nicely with the Foreo Luna though. It helps the process along nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment