7.29.2016

JULY FAVOURITES

Blimey-o-riley it feels like ages since I've done a monthly favourites. I've been incredibly lucky to try out a lot of products since starting at Sephora. It makes it difficult to pick what I've enjoyed the most. But this month there were some exceptional stand outs that I'm pumped (yeah PUMPED, let's have some brewskis and lift some weights PUMPED) to share with you guys.

Becca Champagne Face Palette
I don't buy that much makeup anymore, but this one I couldn't let slip through my fingers. This palette was such a banging deal considering the quality of the products. The highlights are like being bathed in diamonds and all three of the blushes are equally as stunning. The pigmentation is insane and the texture is like butta. The face palette is bizarrely no longer being sold – I guess they really meant limited edition – however, Becca has just launched their Blush Duos which are also gawwjus.

Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette
I don't know what came over me. Buying two palettes in a short period of time?! What is this madness? I panicked. I was so in love with the look of the Modern Renaissance Palette and there was only one left in our store... so yeah, it happened. This palette is what dreams are made of. There's a great mix of super useful wearable colours, but also some very interesting tones. The pigmentation and blendability are great. The only thing is they are very powdery. I don't mind that. It's part of why they're so blendable, but I know some people will be bothered. For me, this palette is a major winner. I did a fun look with it on Instagram.
Top-Bottom: NYX Ash Brown, MAC Light Boost, Bite Beetroot, Sephora Blooming Rose


Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Beetroot
This colour, this formula... it's so sexual. I love the Amuse Bouche lipsticks. They're crazy pigmented and super buttery. There's a massive shade range, but Beetroot truly stole my heart. It's this rich, warm berry tone that looks completely different depending on how sheer or full you wear it.

Sephora Collection Lip Last Lipstick in Blooming Rose
I just did an entire post about this lipstick so I won't ramble. Basically it's like a solid liquid lipstick and the colour is fantastic. I'll link the full post here.

MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
I had this tucked way back in my drawers and I'd kind of forgotten about it. I'm glad I fished it back out because it is excellent. It's so brightening! The yellow tone really adds a boost to my olive skin. And I'm also impressed by how little it creases.

Sephora Collection Featherweight Fan Brush
I'm not sure that I've ever talked about the Sephora Collection brushes in detail before. They are on the pricier side of things, however they are excellent quality (particularly the Pro line). The new feather weight collection is especially impressive. They're so soft and divine feeling on the skin. I got given this brush in gratis and I didn't know what to expect, but it's quickly become one of my favourites. It dusts the perfect amount of product onto your skin no matter what you're using. It's hard to explain, but it's like being kissed on the cheeks by a chinchilla.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown
So you know how everybody and their mom's got a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but then pretty much none of them are real dupes. Well, for the first time I can say this is actually a dupe. The texture is so close. The only thing that doesn't compare is the shade range. There are far too many warm colours in the NYX range. I purchased the most cool toned colour, Ash Brown, and I would say it sits in between Anastasia's Medium Brown and Soft Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment