8.12.2016

TOP 5 BLEMISH CONCEALERS


If there's one thing I'm good at, it's concealing with a spotty face. I've dealt with breakouts on and off since high school (though I'm lucky that my skin is in much better condition these days) and, although it's been frustrating, the silver lining is that I've had loads of first hand experience testing out different techniques for covering blemishes, as well as testing out different concealers. After trying out a butt ton, I'm happy to say that I've found a clear top five.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Oh Studio Finish, you were my first love. I remember the day we met. It was raining, the smell of autumn was ripe in the air. I had nipped into my local Starbucks and I had just grabbed my half fat, half sweet, tripple shot, triple swirled, venti vanilla latte, when I looked up and our eyes locked. Instantly I knew I was gazing upon something special.
I dunno what happened there. This concealer is awesome though. It's stiff and high pigment. It grips onto blemishes and lasts well throughout the day. The shade range is great and it's a decent price.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
After watching Lisa Eldridge rave about this concealer for years I finally took the plunge. Well, Lisa did nay let me down. This is like the cracked out version of Studio Finish. It's drier, longer lasting and even more pigmented. It's a little more challenging to work with, especially when you're breaking it in, but it's worth the effort. I also love that you get two different tones in the pan.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
When I'm trying to cover a dry and flaky blemish, a stiff, dry concealer doesn't always work. Sometimes I need a concealer that has a creamier texture. There aren't a lot of liquid concealers I would consider appropriate for covering blemishes, but the high pigment level, the longevity and the thick texture of this one makes it ideal.

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer
This is my newest buy and it has not disappointed. It's actually exceeded my expectations. This is probably the most pigmented concealer I've ever tried. I don't know how it's possible to be more pigmented that Secret Camouflage, but I think it is. The difference between the two is that this one has an extremely creamy texture. I was worried that, for that reason, it wouldn't be long lasting. However, once it sets down it's there for the day.

Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer
I'm missing this beauty from my personal collection. It's one that I reach for constantly at work. This is the only other liquid concealer that I'd use for blemishes. Like the NARS Concealer, it's a thicker texture. The level of pigmentation lives up to the name and the wear time is excellent. It's also a waterproof formula so if you're worried about sweating in the heat or you need it to last through a swimming session, this is one dependable dude.

Honorable mention goes to the Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme. I find this one to be a fantastic pick for drier blemishes. There's something about the texture that's very different from most cream concealers. It's fairly hydrating but also has a tackier texture, which lasts quite well on the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment