5.15.2014

MAYBELLINE MEGA PLUSH DEEP VELVETS MASCARA REVIEW

I’ve been really keen to get my hands on a nice coloured mascara of late. I’m not a huge eyeshadow wearer and mascara seems like a fun way to introduce a little colour into the palette for summer. When I saw Tati whip out these guys – the Maybelline Mega Plush Deep Velvets – in one of her New at the Drugstore videos I was intrigued. They took their sweet time getting to Canada, but they’re finally here. I grabbed the shades Navy Velvet and Purple Velvet. There’s one more shade, but green didn’t really interest me.

They create nice volume and length and everything you could really want from a mascara, but that’s not what I’m particularly looking for in a coloured mascara. What I really want is a nice vibrant colour. In that respect they’re only okay. You really have to coat the heck out of your lashes to get any colour intensity at all and even then it’s not particularly noticeable. I was hoping for something truly vibrant like the girls were sporting in Stella McCartney’s Fall/Winter 2012 show. I know Pat McGrath custom made that mascara and that you’d be hard pressed to find something off the shelves with that much pzazz – but just a little something more than what I got from the Maybelline Mega Plush Deep Velvets would have been exciting.

Does anyone know of any drugstore mascaras with good vibrant colours? I’m still on the hunt. 







No comments:

Post a Comment