5.17.2014

NEUTRAL CREAM EYESHADOWS

I’m gonna give a little shout out to cream eyeshadows today. They’re a beautiful thing. They add a little something something when you apply them sheerly and they can build up to one bold mother trucker if you pack them on. The best part is that if you find a good formula they stay in place all dang day guuurrlll.

Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Too Cool, Barely Branded and Nude Compliment:
These are deservedly well loved by the beauty community. They apply smoothly and once they set they don’t crease.

Too Cool makes a great base if you want your eyeshadow to show up pure and intense.

Barely branded is a lovely colour for a “no makeup makeup look.” It makes a good dupe for Mac’s Bare Study.

Nude Compliment... I was so happy when this shade came out. This is what I wanted Bad to the Bronze to be. It’s a cooler toned version of that. I remember being obsessed with finding L’oreal Bronzed Taupe after Anna talked about it, but they didn’t sell it anywhere in Canada. This looks quite similar to the swatches I’ve seen so I’m pretty pleased to have got my hands on this shade. It’s limited edition in their Nude Collection, so best grab it before it’s too late.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Stay On Shadow Paint in Cosmic: I got this because I wanted to find a really warm toned brown cream eyeshadow and I couldn’t find one I liked at the drugstore. I do like it, but I actually much prefer the formula of the Colour Tattoos and they’re only a fraction of the price. I find this formula dries so quickly that you can’t actually get it off your finger and onto your lid effectively. Maybe I’m not being heavy handed enough.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze and Guilty Grey: I may want to chunder at the names of those shades, but this is another one with a great formula. They apply the most creamy of the bunch, but, again, they set firmly and don’t budge all day. I love the shade Bad Girl Bronze. Smudged along the waterline and under the lash line it gives an awesome smokey, dare I say it, Oslen twin look. It would look phenomenal with green or blue eyes.

Milani Shadow Eyez
in Champagne Toast: Again, what is with the namez? This is another great shade for a soft natural look. I also think it would make a fantastic shade for a wedding. It reminds me a tutorial Nic from Pixiwoo did. Milani has some impressive stuff on the shelves these days.

Get yourself some dang cream eyeshadows if you haven’t already! That will be all for today. 



L-R: Milani Champagne Toast, Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bad Girl Bronze and Guilty Grey, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Too Cool, Barely Branded and Nude Compliment, Estee Lauder in Cosmic

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of eye shadow but I am horrible at applying and blending! Haha! Cream eye shadow would be perfect to just throw on a color and not have to worry about brushes and all that! I'm excited to check some of theses out! Thanks for sharing :)

    theteresanicole.com

    xoxo Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the great thing about cream eyeshadow - you just pop it on with one finger and blend a bit with a clean one and it does most of the work for you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Milani eyeshadow *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmyyyess. Thank you Real Canadian Superstore for starting to carry Milani.

      Delete
  4. This has me wanting to try some of these out. I have a VERY limited collection of eyeshadow and find that I sometimes want a little bit more scope, and have no idea where to start. I have been waiting for the perfect Nars Eyeshadow Palette to come within my reach but I may just pick up a couple of the Colour Tattoo's to try out. Brilliant post, thank you for this one!

    ambermarie

    ReplyDelete