5.25.2014

RAINY DAY BERRY TONES

The weather seems to determine what I talk about a lot of the time. Today is utter shite out. It rained and rained, only to be interrupted with even heavier rain. But I guess this wouldn’t be Vancouver if that’s not what our Spring looked like. Dingy weather tends to have me veering away from bright fun colours and towards something deeper. I picked up these two fellas on a grocery shop yesterday. Whenever we go grocery shopping the first half of the trip consists of me sneaking off and swatching a bajillion products on my hand. What can I say? Our Real Canadian Super Store has the good stuff (that’s makeup, not drugs). Apparently it’s the place to be if you’re a beauty junkie in Canada. Back to the point.

This nail polish caught my eye right away. The shade is called Wine to Five from the Covergirl Outlast Range. I have to say I think the packaging is quite classy. They seem to have taken inspiration from the Chanel nail polishes. And by inspiration I mean it look almost exactly the same. I’m certainly not complaining. I wish this photo could do the colour justice, but I just can’t seem to find the right light. It’s such a gorgeous, unique shade – more vibrant and a bit more berry (less burgundy) that what’s showing up on camera. The pigmentation is amazing too. One coat is enough.

I’ve been eyeing this lipstick for ages. It’s Wet n Wild Mega Last Matte Lipstick in the shade Cherry Bomb. I have absolutely no idea why it’s taken me this long to get it. It costs something like $4.00 in Canada and I know in the States it’s about half that price. The shade reminds me of the Kate Moss Matte lipstick in 107 that everybody loves, but deeper and more matte. That adds up to completely my cup of tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment