5.27.2014

SLEEK MATTE ME, BLUSH AND BROW STYLIST

I can’t seem to get enough of Sleek. I think they are definitely one of the best drugstore brands out there. Their packaging is simple and appealing and has a Nars-esk feel to it. They offer a lot of things that I think are harder to find in a drugstore brand – great palettes, bright colours, high pigmentation. I won’t go on for now because I want to do a more in depth post on Sleek soon. For today I just wanted to show you guys a few odds and bobs I got recently that I thought you might enjoy.

I’ll start with the one that excites me the most. That would be the Matte Me Lip Cream in Party Pink. Shit son, that’s some good lip cream. I love bright matte lipsticks. I wish I could wear them more, but in my work environment I stand out like a sore thumb when I wear fun lipstick. I wore Nars Dragon Girl a whole week before Halloween last year and, I kid you not, three different men came up to me throughout the day and asked me if it was my Halloween costume. So sadly my bright matte lipsticks have been reserved for the incredibly rare occasion that I actually leave the house to do something on the weekends.

I am so damn impressed with Sleek Matte Me’s though. I have never had a lip product stay on like this does. Once it sets it doesn’t rub off at all. Water doesn’t break this it down. You have to use oil to remove it. So you’re safe drinking and eating most things throughout the day without risk of smudging. Just be wary of especially oily food. The Matte Me line has six shades in it. All of the brighter, bolder shades look amazing and I already know I’ll be going back for more. They are almost fluorescent looking (so really not for the faint-hearted), unbelievably pigmented and as matte as they come. I don’t think the lighter shades work as well with this kind of product. They tend to make you look a bit dead, which is probably not a look most people are shooting for.

Next I picked up their blush in Suede. This has been out for ages, but there’s a reason it’s stuck around for this long. It’s a beautiful natural shade that sits somewhere in-between a blush and a bronzer. I find it to be perfect for when you’ve got a lot going on with the rest of your makeup and you don’t want to overwhelm your face. Like all their blushes, it’s very pigmented and long lasting and I love that this shade is matte.

I was so pleased when I found the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist. I was itching to get my hands on the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pen. I was swatching it in Sephora and going back and forth about whether or not to get it. I always want to try anything that Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup recommends, but the price tag is frightening on that one. So when I stumbled across the Sleek version on their website I was definitely game. It looks and feels pretty much exactly like the Hourglass one. It’s got that same dry, waxy texture and the same uniquely shaped tip. Lily Melrose has done a more in depth comparison if you’re interested. I went for the lightest shade out of the three in the range. The medium looked a bit warmer in tone, whereas the light one is a true ash tone. I have to say, while I do enjoy this product, I find a traditional, slimmer brow pencil easier to work with. I like to control exactly where each stroke is going to go and that’s easier to do with a slimmer tip. Next up for me to try will have to be the Anastasia Brow Wiz


L-R: Sleek Brow Stylist in Light, Sleek Blush in Suede, Sleek Matte Me in Part Pink


6 comments:

  1. Great post! I didn't even think of Sleek's eyebrow pencil. I'm currently using the Too Faced bulletproof cream, and I love it, but I really love a waxy-pencil. Plus, Sleek is cruelty free, so that's right up my alley! I think I can order them from the website to get them in the US- going on my wish-list :D
    Blushing Biddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to mention that their shipping is international and super cheap! And yeah this is one heck of a waxy pencil so I think you'd enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. been looking for an ashy eyebrow pencil, can I find this brand in any drug store or just specific ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually an English drugstore brand, but it's available online. http://www.sleekmakeup.com/
      If you want a drugstore brow pencil with an ashy tone that you can get here look for "Maybelline Define a Brow." I had that before and I really like it.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, that blush looks perfect! So tempting to do a little Sleek order...

    ReplyDelete