6.12.2014

GOODIES FROM ENGLAND!

When you’re a beauty blog obsessee and somebody tells you that they’re taking a trip to England you pretty much poop your pants. I have followed a lot of English youtubers and bloggers for years now and listened to them recommend plenty of English brands. It’s a little bit torturous to see everyone talking about stuff that you can’t get your hands on (I mean this in the most first world problems of ways). But a month ago my lovely sister packed up her bags and headed off to England. Needless to say I sent her off with a hug, a creepy inhale of her hair and list of goodies to pick up for me! She’s good to me... mostly for still talking to me after the continuous hair sniffing. Classy is not likely to be the first word one would use to describe me.

I tried not to go too nuts and I refrained from requesting the Collection concealers and the Liz Earle cleansers and so on. I just asked for a Bourjois lip product, some Barry M nail polishes, a Max Factor blush and a colourful Miss Manga mascara. She couldn’t find the last two, but I was still pretty ecstatic to see the beautiful plastic Boots bag emerge from her pack upon her return. Never has a plastic bag looked so sexy to me. ‘Twas pure unadulterated love.  


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Pink Pong
All of the products are brand new to me so I’m not sure how they hold up over time, but for now I can say that the formula of Barry M Gelly nail polishes (in the shade Blood Orange and Rose Bud) are fabulously glossy and pigmented, as I was expecting, and the Texture Nail Paint (in the shade Lady) builds up to a solid layer in a few coats, no base colour required. As for the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick (in the shade Pink Pong), it’s beautiful. I don’t find it sets completely like a lot of people say. It still prints a little bit, whereas the Sleek Matte Me’s do not in the slightest. It feels a lot more moisturizing than the Sleek ones though and the applicator is perfect. Normally I have to run a lipbrush over the edge of my lips to get a clean line with liquid lipsticks, but this one actually distributes just the right amount of product onto the doe foot applicator, making it a much tidier process. Sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference.


13 comments:

  1. Ping pong is stunning on you! Gorgeous!! What have you paired it with on your cheeks?

    Carry Makeup in Style | TheConscienceFund | My Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kept it pretty simple on the cheeks - no blush and just a bit of Bourjois chocolate bronzer.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shade of pink, I like the finish of it on you. The Barry M polishes are great, I have the blueberry and pinkberry and they last ages :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I would have bought a lot more shades if I'd actually been there roaming the isles. It's probably for the best that I wasn't.

      Delete
  3. Pink Pong is a pretty colour. Boots has to be one of my favourite stores! I miss London so much, they have such great products and magazine freebies in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck yeah England haul! I def would of asked for the same things you did- the Bourjois lip creams are soooo raved about, but the Barry m gelly nail polishes are THE BEST.
    Blushing Biddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied the Barry M Rose Bud a few days again and not a chip yet. Going strong.

      Delete
  5. Don't poop your pants.

    -Silas

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lippy colour looks gorgeous on you! A Cdn place that I found Barry M nail polishes was ftbbeauty dot ca. Weirdly enough , much prefer those over Essie polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! They have some excellent brands on there. I'd never heard of them before.

      Delete
  7. Love this post! I'm going to the UK in a few weeks and I seriously have the most outrageous wishlist for drugstore stuff, good to know that the Bourjois matte lip doesn't 100 % set, I hate that with a passion for matte lips so I'll be looking at the sleek options. So glad I found your blog - love your writing style

    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Haha I know what you mean about the wishlist. Seriously, if I had gone there myself it would have been dangerous.

      Delete
  8. So strange to hear you lust after UK products when I'm lusting after US ones!

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete