6.14.2014

SKINCARE UPDATE

I had such a lovely full day today (that included doing a friend’s makeup for a wedding and having a feast of a dinner) that I was worried I wasn’t going to have time to sit down and write. It all worked out though because here I am tapping away on my laptop and bobbing along to Riptide by Vance Joy. If anyone hasn’t heard that song yet, you’ve got to. Anyways, I’ve changed up a few things in my skincare routine and I wanted to give you guys a bit of an update.

I’m find it hard to tear myself away from my new Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk. It leaves my skin feeling unstripped and incredibly moisturized, but without leaving any residue behind. I can see why the formula used to be called Hydracalm. I’m not sure why they changed it. It has quite a refreshing pine forest kind of a smell (the smell of patriotism) and I’d say that it’s more morning cleanser or second cleanse material, as it’s not really for removing makeup.

I’ve been following that up with a bit of a random product – the Acne Free Sensitive Toner. It’s certainly not one that gets mentioned in the blogging world, but I’ve been enjoying it. I ordered the AcneFree kit in one of those “I’m sick of having spots” moments of desperation. The cleanser and the benzoyl peroxide treatment would probably beat the crap out of my skin so I ended up putting them to the side. I was actually quite impressed with the ingredients of the toner though and I’ve found it to be decently effective at exfoliating without irritating my skin at all. I can even use it day and night without a problem.

Next I finally caved and bought the famous Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron Serum from Shoppers Drug Mart. I didn’t for ages because I was worried that for some reason it was going to be hard on sensitive skin like their Peptabright, but it isn’t in the slightest. It feels a little bit tacky when you first apply it, which makes you feel like your moisturizer is going to cling to it well. For anyone that hasn’t heard about this serum yet, its key ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which apparently helps the skin to do a better job retaining moisture. Indeed Laboratories is a Canadian brand by the way and they’re really fabulous. They just do simple, good quality skincare, without outlandish claims, at a good price. It’s much cheaper here than in the UK (sorry my English friends). I’m still itching to try a few more products from them.

Finally, I present to you the bell of the ball: La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume. I know who I’ll be taking home with me tonight. *Massive revolting wink.* It’s a thick balm that’s designed to soothe and repair damaged and extremely dry skin. I’ve been using a small amount of this all over my face as a moisturizer and I am impressed. It really hydrates, it doesn’t clog my pores and it’s dirt cheap. It’s definitely
a winner for problem skin. 



7 comments:

  1. I also use this cleanser - it's a dream, isn't it? Great post. Will have to try that baume now (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bloomin nice. I went into Sephora the other day and they cleansed my hand with the balm. It was a bit odd, but damn it felt good.

      Delete
  2. The LRP Cicaplast Baume was my saviour during this past winter here.. It was -45C and our exams weren't cancelled so I slapped it all over my face. Thank goodness for Shoppers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely thinking of picking up the cleanser, you made it sound lovely!
    I just found your blog thanks to Natalie from Thunderl0ve, you're so beautiful and your blog is so nice!
    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe Natalie a huge thank you. That was so kind of her. And you should definitely try the cleanser! It's lovely and refreshing. I found it cheapest on lookfantastic.com with one of their discount codes.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the tip! I'll have a look xx

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete