6.29.2014

PEACHY NUDE LIPS

The past couple of weeks I’ve been feeling a bit down in the dumps. For some reason I hit another wave of doubt about my blog. I felt like I’m this tiny blip on the radar that is the blogging community. But today I checked my blog stats, only to find out that I’d been mentioned by Natalie from thunderl0ve. Turns out she wrote a post on notable blogs, in which she mentioned mine! Reading her comments made me feel so much lighter. To have someone that you really know nothing about, other than the words they share on their corner of the internet, say such lovely things is truly amazing. It honestly brightened my week and reminded me how important it is to share the love. Sometime next week I intend to do a post on blogs that I’ve been enjoying!

And now for something completely different. What I’ve got for you guys today is totally unrelated to what I’ve just been talking about. Today is an ode to my love for peachy nude lips. There’s just something so chic about nude lips. They pair perfectly with a bold eye and they still look beautiful with simple, natural makeup. And when you throw some peach into the nude mix you’re on the road to a lovely glowing complexion.

For a pared down, wearable look I’ve got three suggestions. These three are all more flesh toned and a bit less peach toned. Hey, what’s a Zombie’s favourite lipstick colour? Flesh toned. HEYY-OO. Yeah, pretty bad. Don’t know if that counts as a joke, but it popped into my head. So first I’ve picked out Revlon’s Colour Burst Lipgloss in Bellini. I love the packaging on this one and the gloss itself has a nice medium level of pigmentation. Sleek’s Pout Polish in Bare Minimum was is next up. It’s a lovely sheer lip balm with an SPF of 15 that smells like marshmallows. If glosses tend to be too sticky or heavy on your lips or you’re nervous about going overboard with the nude look then you might enjoy this one. The last easily wearable pick is Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight. It’s a bit more on the brown side of things, without actually falling completely into 90’s territory. It would work for both light and medium skin tones quite nicely.

Now if you’re looking to go a little more wild... as wild as nude can take you (which is pretty wild my friends)... I’ve got a few picks. I’ve mentioned before my love for 60’s makeup and if you also enjoy a bit of a retro twist I’ve some suggestions. First is Revlon’s Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude. Lisa Eldrige used it in a 60’s makeup tutorial and it was faaabulous. This one is as nude as it gets. It wouldn’t be ideal for anything past a light skin tone really, but on pale girls it’ll give a great mod look. Another one that gives a fabulous mod effect is Barry M’s Peachy Pink (#147). It reminds me of Illamasqua’s Obey. If you want to get a good look at it check out Shanon Farrel’s Fresh Spring Makeup Tutorial. Both of these lipsticks look nice patted into the lips so they don’t look quite so stuck on. Finally MUA’s lipstick in Juicy is another great mod colour, but with a more pink in it. It’s also a cream formula if matte is just too drying for you.



6 comments:

  1. Your blog is one of my favourites Holly, you're doing a great job :)

    I'm a fan of nude lipsticks but can't seem to find one that works for my skin tone, that's why I veer more towards the pinky nudes.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :). I agree. Pinky nudes are easier to do.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I'm getting into peachy nude lips lately, with Mac Creme de Nude and lipglass in Softly Lit!
    I have the Revlon lipgloss in Bellini too! I use it on top of Mac Creme Cup, for pink nude lips!

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Mac Creme de Nude definitely seems like the quintessential nude.

      Delete
  3. Love your post Holly. I stumbled upon your blog through thunderl0ve and I am already loving it sooo much. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's amazing to hear positive feedback from people.

      Delete