7.01.2014

BEAUTY BLOGS I'VE ENJOYED RECENTLY

To be honest, when I first designed my blog and put it up I thought “yeah it looks pretty good, I think it’ll do alright.” How naive past Holly was. Future Holly scoffs throatily at past Holly (you may also scoff at me for referring to myself in the third person like a nob). When I started to poke around on twitter and bloglovin I realized there’s an absolutely mental amount of blogs with stunning layouts, gorgeous photography and sharp writing. It was actually quite overwhelming to see. It’s been an awakening as to how much I need to step it up, but it's also been a major source of inspiration. So today I want to talk a bit about some of the blogs I enjoy. I’m mostly going to stick to blogs that I know quite well for now (and those tend to be fairly established blogs), so my apologies for not mentioning too many newer blogs. I will do so in the future.

Gh0stparties
Ah, Kate. She’s so good. She recently revamped her blog and it’s even more fantastic than before. The layout is so clean and appealing. She has such a great sense of humor when she writes (her twitter feed is an excellent source of lolz for that reason) and her photographs... can we just dramatically pause for a second?... her photographs are stunning. I also always love her product picks. She has an amazing instagram account and her youtube videos are charming as heck. She is a true all-rounder.

Icovetthee
Alix is youtuber and blogger. I followed her youtube channel from the very start and it’s amazing to see how far she has come. But her blog is what I want to talk about. There’s just something about it that has instant appeal. It feels so warm and welcoming, with a kind of homey, personal feel to it. The photos are always fantastic, bright and well composed. Her posts are a nice concise length (something I have trouble with) and well she isn’t exactly hard on the eyes.

Lipstickwithsomesunshine
I think everybody who sees this blogs loves it. Tamira started it just over a year ago and she has already done so well for herself. She has probably been my biggest source inspiration in the past few months. She is certainly someone to look up to in terms of style and work ethic. I always find myself scrolling through her posts in awe of just how much class and taste she has. I also love that she’s a bit of a tomboy. Having never been much of a girly girl myself, aside from my love of makeup, I find that very relatable. Her photographs are composed with such an artistic eye (I just bet she’s a good artist too) and, I don’t quite know how to explain it, but the overall feel of her blog is so consistent. Follow her instagram too if you don’t already!


Nouvelledaily
Okay, granted everybody really really already knows NouvelleDaily, but I can’t help it. They’re like the motherland of beauty blogs. Where to start: their blog layout is unique in such a good way, they cover a great breadth of topics really well, their posts are always broken down in an informative and easy to follow manor and of course their photographs are the best of the best. If you want inspiration on how to compose a beauty photo this would be my number one recommendation. 


Laurathroughthelense
I’ll admit that this is a pretty new blog to me, but I really wanted to mention it. I think I found her blog on twitter and as soon as I clicked on it I was completely wowed by the photography. I’m a total sucker for good photography and I’ll admit that that’s what draws me in before the writing. All of her photographs have this gorgeous light, elegant look to them, which works perfectly for a beauty blog. And of course, her instagram account is another beautiful one. I like her writing style too. You just know she’s a smart person when you read her posts. I look forward to keeping up with her blog and seeing where she goes. 



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is up there with these already, it's crazygood! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that is the ultimate compliment. Thank you.

      Delete