7.05.2014

JUNE FAVOURITES

I wasn’t quite sure what products to pick this month to be honest. I haven’t actually been wearing a ton of makeup lately and I’ve simplified my skincare for now. But when I thought about it, these guys had to be the real standouts. They are the heroes Gotham deserves. Oh, wait, I’m getting confused.

Shu Uemera Ultimate Remedy Masque
This is probably the most ridiculously luxurious product I own. I would never have gone out and bought it for myself. It was a birthday present from my hairdresser sister. That being said it’s amazing. You apply it after you come out of the shower to towel dried hair and leave it in for as long as you want. I have never had to use so little product for such good results. It’s just so damn creamy and moisturizing. I’ve had that tub for ages now and I’ve barely even made a dent in it. The sixty some odd dollars doesn’t seem as bad when it lasts you ten times longer than most products. Oh and the last thing about it is that the smell is the most divine thing on the planet. It reminds me of Viva La Juicy but for hair. 


Dr Bronner’s Magic Soap
Another one with an amazing smell. These soaps are one of my favourite body washes of all time. They foam up like crazy, but without the use of junkie chemicals. A little bottle lasts a long time for me. They’re great for cleaning makeup brushes with. Every scent I’ve tried of these soaps has smelled awesome. The peppermint is super refreshing. I’ve picked out the almond scent for this month and ahhhhhh. It smells like you’re lathering yourself with marzipan. If you’re a fan of almonds you will love this.

Maybelline Define a Brow
This is the second time I’ve bought this pencil so I suppose that says good things. The first time I got it in dark blond because I liked how ashy it was, but I ended up going through a lot more product in trying to build up the intensity. This time I’ve gone for dark brown and I much prefer it. It’s a nice consistency – quite a bit softer than the Sleek Brow Stylist – and I find it easy to draw in small strokes with a light hand and get a lot of pigmentation. While I’d prefer a spoolie on the end, the comb does a decent job too.

Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk
Not much to say about this one other than it’s amazing. It’s so creamy and moisturizing and it smells nice and refreshing. It’s not much of a makeup remover, so it’s best suited to a second cleanse or a morning cleanse.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume
This has been a huge help for my dry patches. I’ve been using Retin-A more often again lately and it makes me peel like a mofo. Nothing stops me peeling completely, but this definitely helps prevent me from turning completely into leper lady better than any other moisturizer has.

La Roche Posay Autohelios Self-Tan Gel
If you’ve got week, useless, garbagey, frail, feeble, meagre, pathetic skin... just kidding... if you’re skin is a bit more on the sensitive side this is a great pick for a self tanner. La Roche Posay is the ultimate brand for sensitive skin. St. Tropez self tanner tends to make my face burn a bit, but I’ve never had a problem with this one. Plus it’s nice and moisturizing.

L’oreal Miss Manga Mascara
Yes. It is good. Check. Yeah, I don’t think this is the greatest mascara of all time, but I have been enjoying it. It’s a nice wet formula that bulks up your lashes and extends their length quite quickly.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Pink Pong
This is SO GOOD! The formula is amazeballs. It does print a little bit, but it lasts insanely long nonetheless. Once you’ve been going about your day and some of the product has actually warn off you’re left with a bit of a stain so it never really looks patchy. It actually lasts all day. That’s a miracle to me. LORD HALLELUJAH, we have proof! Nah, but seriously it’s great and this colour is fabulous.

Barry M Gelly Polish in Rose Hip
This is the sweetest pink polish. It makes me feel girly in a good way. It’s a very pale pastel (I really like this almost white pastel polish trend) and it has a great long wearing, shiny formula.

Sleek Blush in Pixie Pink
Last, but not least, is Sleek’s Blush in Pixie Pink. When I want to brighten up my face and create a fresh looking complexion this is the blush that does the job. I don’t quite know why, but whenever I wear this blush I feel pleasantly youthful. It’s a crazy colour in the pan, but it doesn’t look so over the top on the cheeks. Plus as all Sleek blushes, it’s long wearing and very pigmented. 



9 comments:

  1. Love the Bourjois Rouge Velvets and Sleek blushes as well! x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo styling is very nice and natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put a lot of effort in to make it look like I haven't put too much effort in if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  3. I'm still yet to try a Sleek blush, although I've heard such amazing things about them. This one looks incredibly daunting but your review may have just swayed me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doo eeett. They are more than worth their relatively small price tag.

      Delete
  4. I need to get that shade in the Barry M nail varnishes! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been nagging to try the L'Oreal Miss Manga. Currently I'm really liking their' Butterfly mascara. I totally motion the US starts carrying the Barry M polishes!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish we had Barry M in North America, but I even more wish we had Bourjois easily accessible.

      Delete
  6. Honestly, you can never go wrong with LRP products

    ReplyDelete