7.07.2014

REVLON COLORSTAY MOISTURE STAIN & FOTD

Revlon’s Colorstay Moisture Stains recently arrived in Canada and, well, I was drawn to the pretty packaging like a moth to a flame. A filthy, consumer whore moth. I really liked a lot of the colours they brought out, but I decided on Barcelona Nights as I didn’t have anything like it already and I thought “hey, let’s get something fun for ourself big guy.” I can’t say I stand behind my colour choice in retrospect. I was expecting it to be deeper and richer. That’s one thing about these Moisture Stains is that for some reason they all look darker in the packaging to me. The formula feels nice on the lips. It’s a bit more balmy and less gel like than it’s L’oreal counterpart (Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains) and it doesn’t smell of anything much. It’s not drying, despite being a stain. Unfortunately that’s probably because it doesn’t actually stain my lips. Maybe it would if it was a darker colour, but that excludes most of the range. If what you expect from this is a slightly longer wearing gloss with a nice shade range to pick from and beautiful packaging then you’re in luck. If you’re hoping for a stain, however, you will be not so much in luck.

Mini review done! As for what I’ve got on the rest of my face... I skipped foundation today and just applied a few different concealers. I used the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch under my eyes to brighten things up and a combination of Mac Studio Finish and Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation around the areas of my face that needed it. I used a bit of Mac Blot Powder to take down the shine and create a smooth canvas for my Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer. I then added a smidge bit of Annabelle Blush in the shade Rosewood to the tops of my cheeks, which gives a nice sun-kissed effect. I’ve never heard anyone talk about these, but I love both the shade and pigmentation of this blush. Unsung hero here.

As for eyes, it was pretty simple. I smudged Rimmel’s Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronzeover my lids, under my lower lashline and lined my waterline with it. I added a tiny bit of Sephora’s Nano Liner in Gri Gri (a charcoal colour) to the top lash line and smudged it in. Sometimes I like using liners that aren’t that inky gel texture (like Urban’s Decays Glide of Pencils). I find those can add more intensity than you want. I popped on a bit of L’oreal Miss Manga mascara and filled in the gaps in my brows with Maybelline’s Define a Brow pencil in the shade Dark Brown. 



6 comments:

  1. Lovely look! Having "lipstain" in the name seems to be a bit misleading, but the colour is really pretty nonetheless.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Holly, like a english rose! Your complexion is glowing :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And thank you for always commenting. You are awesome about that.

      Delete