8.12.2014

HOLY BAGS WHAT HAVE I DONE

Makeup bags are something that I’ve found very useful since I’ve started blogging. They help to add a bit of colour or texture into the shot when composing a photo and they break up the space so that you don’t have one big block of white (or whatever your background may be) with a bunch of products hanging out on it awkwardly. Shockingly, they also come in handy as actual makeup bags. As you can see, I’ve particularly fallen in love with pouches. They’re so simple and chic. I know that no normal human being needs this many makeup bags (sadly this isn’t even all that I own), but I’ve proven time and time again that I’m far from a normal human being. So where can you find one of these beautiful creatures if you don’t want to dish out the cash for a Whistles bag?

H&M:
The small pink pouch peaking out in the bottom of the shot is from H&M and it’s one of my favourites. I love matte textures and the colour of this one makes for a perfect addition when you’re creating a soft airy shot. The size is perfect to take out with you for the day. It’s just big enough to hold your touch up essentials. I’ve seen quite a few different pouches in H&M and they all sit around $10 or under. Unfortunately they don’t seem to have put many of them up on their website, so I guess a trip to their store is in order if you’re interested in picking one up.

Forever 21:
The two gold polka dot bags are from Forever 21. I’ve actually got Kate to thank for finding them. I fell hard when I saw them on her blog. They’re the most affordable of the lot at $5.80 Canadian. These ones are great for travel too as they’re a shiny plastic material that can be easily wiped down if they’re looking worse for wear. 


Chapters/Indigo:
Here’s the real hidden gem. I’m not sure if this is common knowledge to the rest of the world, but Chapters/Indigo is a chain of bookstores in Canada that also carries some really nice homewear, stationary and some fashion bits. They have an awesome collection of pouches in an array of sizes, many of which are currently on sale for under $10. It’s worth checking out their journals too... and their Kate Spade collection... and their candles... and their wallets... and everything. They offer extremely affordable shipping to Canada (free over $25) and from what I have gathered their international shipping is also reasonable, though all that their website officially states is that costs are based on weight/size and distance to destination.




16 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not alone haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in need of some new makeup bags! Definitely going to try H&M - totally forgot about that store! The polka dot ones are so cute x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ones from Forever21 are so cute! I love how all the bags look together on your photo. Definitely a nice touch :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the ones from H&M, so cute! x

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo! The H&M little pouch/makeup bags are so cute, i love them!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your makeup bags, they are so cute especially the Forever 21 gold polka dots ones :) x

    Alina from Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the polka dots right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was alone in my pouch obsession haha, I'm continuously buying them. :)
    xxx Claire
    wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything at Chapters/Indigo. I have the striped bag and couldn't resist getting the Kate Spade planner.


    xo Ashley
    lionslacelattes.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah all the Kate Spade stuff... hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree, both F21 and Indigo have the BEST bags, and super affordable too! I'm also obsessed with the little compact mirrors at F21. I keep one in my handbag and one in my bathroom drawer...yes, even my husband uses it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The polka dot bags from F21 are so cute! I absolutely love F21-they've really stepped up their game within the last few years. I have the mint colored makeup travel case with the Boston Terriers all over it from there-so adorable!


    xx
    Shree
    www.porcelainshree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah seriously. They have insanely nice stuff these days.

    ReplyDelete