9.26.2014

DAY TO DAY MAKEUP

I guess I don't often show you guys my day to day makeup, other than what I mention in my monthly favourites, so I thought it might be fun to do just that for a change. I've mentioned before that I don't usually tend to go hog wild on glamourous makeup – I'm not really a eyeshadows out the wazoo kind of person – so my picks are often fairly simple.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Light)
I finally got a darker shade of this concealer so that I can use it on areas other than under my eyes and I'm glad that I did. It's not quite full coverage, but it does a great job of taking down scarring and redness. It's very easy to blend out and when set with a powder it lasts all day for me.

Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder
...About that whole setting the concealer with a powder business... I have a new love in my life. I don't want to say too much about this powder because it deserves a post of its own, but Iloveit. Oh god I love it and that's all for now!
 

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (Med. 03)
I most definitely have not forgotten about this bronzer since I bought it a few months ago. First of all the packaging just makes me feel real speshal like when take it out of my drawers. Then, more importantly, there's the fact that it's a great bronzer. It's not so pigmented that it's hard to work with, but it imparts a lovely wash of warmth to the face. Plus, as you probably have all heard by now, their lighter shades of this bronzer are really quite fair and perfect for paler skin tones.

Sleek Eyebrow Stylist (Light)
I went off this one for a while and now I'm back on it. The texture of this product is quite dry and waxy, which I find really great for when I'm trying to go for softer more natural brows. Soft pencils often deposit so much product that you can quickly end up looking like a bit Helga Frowline. The harder, waxier texture makes you work for it if you want to build up a decent amount of colour. The spoolie feature is great too.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
I've been dabbling in winged liner again lately and as usual I've turned to this gel liner. It's just the best. I found that the Mac Fluidline dried out more quickly and the L'oreal version printed up onto my lids more easily. This one is so creamy, smooth and easy to control and it doesn't ever print up. The brush I usually use to apply it is the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. I find I can get the most precise flick with it.

L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara
I think this guys is on his last legs. I may have to pick up a new mascara this weekend. This one has done me well though. It's not my favourite L'oreal mascara of all time, but it does give me long, voluminous lashes. The tapered shape of the brush makes it easy to get in there with your bottom lashes too. 




18 comments:

  1. I use that same maybelline concealer everyday too! Great pics overall :)


    www.wingmeadream.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fence about the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara. It gives a nice finish to my lashes but I found that it would flake a little bit or smudge under my eyes throughout the day which is not cute. The brush is fantastic though but sometimes I find it a little too bendy. Ahh, I'm picky when it comes to mascara! xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep reading great things about the Maybelline gel liner. Thinking I really ought to give it a try. Absolutely agree on the Body Shop bronzer and the Fit Me concealer.


    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved the pot version of that gel liner, I don't know that I've seen the pen version yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices, I really want to try that Maybelline liner!

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, the Maybelline gel liner better than the L'oreal and MAC versions?? I must check it out then, since it is the cheapest of the three! I love the Fit me concealer as well, it's pretty great for everyday.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have the smudging problem (for some reason I never get that with L'oreal, but I always do with Maybelline), but I know what you mean about the brush being too bendy. You can't get a solid comb through your lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with the Maybelline one. I remember Tanya Burr saying it's almost identical to the Bobbi Brown one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worth the small price tag for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I'm waiting for that to show up in drugstores too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's the powder finally! Too bad Sephora doesn't sell it here. They have to fix that! xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the fit me concealer at the moment, it's so good!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree that the Maybelline Gel liner is a great product! :D

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it has to be one of my all time favourites from the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep getting irritated eyes from makeup lately too. It seems to be eyeshadow and eyeliner that do it for me though. That's a shame that it's drugstore mascara that's doing it for you.

    ReplyDelete