9.24.2014

HELLO FALL

Fall seems to be upon us now. As I was riding home yesterday on Scooty Puff Jr. (my scooter), I could smell that fall smell. Does anyone know what I mean? Somehow you can just smell the air getting more crisp and fresh. I may actually be a little late to the fall edit compared to everyone else, but we all know by now what fall means – time to vamp up the look with deeper, plumier tones. And well, gaul darnit, I have an array of suggestions for you guys that I think you might enjoy.

Eyes

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Stay On Shadow Paint in Cosmic:
This is one lovely cream shadow (as it should be for the price tag). It's a really striking brick colour with a bit of sparkle running through it. I find that the formula tends to be slightly harder to blend in the colder months, but once it's on it stays put. It practically dries into a crust... but not in a gross uncomfortable way.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Nude Compliment:
Okay, so I'm a bit of a jerk for including this one because it was part of a limited edition collection, but it is quite similar to Bad to the Bronze (just a bit cooler toned). It also reminds me of Bourjois's Cream Eyeshadow in Petale de Glace. So there are options out there! But basically I'm digging that subtle minky colour on the eyes. It's not too over the top when paired with the classic berry lip.

Cheeks
Sleek Sahara:
I'm not always crazy about going too matchy matchy, so I've been steering away from berry toned blushes and instead going for these more bronzey shades. Sahara might look a little crazy in the pan, but on the cheeks it just does a nice job of warming things up without looking too obvious. I really like this shade on my fair skin, but it would also look beautiful on deeper skin tones.

Sleek Seude:
If Sahara looked too scary to you, then Seude might just be your best friend. It's kind of the paired down version. This would be the blush shade I would reach for first if I were going for a bold berry lip. It doesn't compete, but it adds a little something something. As I've mentioned many times before I'm a huge fan of the Sleek blush formulas. They're super pigmented and they last all day.

Lips

Wet n Wild Mega Last Matte Lip Cover in Cherry Bomb:
This lipstick isn't really for the timid. It's the darkest and most intense shade of the lot – a really vampy one. It's an absolute beauty (and a good dupe for Mac's Diva by the way). I love the formula is matte and even better it doesn't dry my lips out. To top it all of this lipstick is vair cheap.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned:
If you want to go bold, but cherry bomb is a bit too intense, next peg down in Nars Damned. It's definitely still vampy, but it's less of an out there “oh no she di'int” colour. I love the convenience of the pencil format and it's all kinds of matte. The kind of matte that when you dress it against you hand it barely prints.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in 09:
If matte isn't your thing may I suggest this fine creature? This one's a bit less sultry and a bit more of a fun shade I'd say. It's brighter and more magenta than the other two. I'm really impressed with this one and I never hear people talking about it. 


Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry:
Annnnnd lastly, if all of those shades made you want to shit your pants and run away (fair enough, we've all been there), then I've got something in the berry family that's very subtle – Super Strawberry. The formula of these Chubby Sticks are excellent. They're so balmy and smooth on the lips and they're a great no fuss, reapply without a mirror, kind of option. 

25 comments:

  1. They all look so gorgeous! :)


    By the way I'm also new to this world of blogging, so it would mean a lot to me if anyone checked out my blog? Thanks:)
    Luxveritatis.| Beauty.Fashion.Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Holly! Plum is my thing for fall, as a shadow or lipstick! The cream shadows you mentioned look gorgeous! :D

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Nars pencil, the colour is absolutely stunning!

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of super strawberry, such a pretty colour!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pencils. They are dangerous for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah and I was surprised but just how nice the formula feels on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I like the header on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try something more plummy on the eyes for fall. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wet n wild cherry bomb! I just got it the other day and so pleased with it, do you wear lipliner with it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some amazing products! Those blushes look gorgeous!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally with you on Sleek blushes, they're incredible- especially for the price point! Been looking at Suede for some time now, and this post makes me wanna get it even more!

    TanjaWhatsername

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one I'm loving at the moment is a burgundy shade from a NYC palette in Smokey Greens! I had a post on it if you want to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually just smooth over the edges with a lipbrush rather than going for a lipliner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh dang, I checked it out and that plummy shade is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The NARS lip pencil is gorgeous! I haven't tried NARS lip pencils before but I have one of their lipsticks and it's fantastic. I can't get enough of NARS. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every single color in that arrangement is stunning. I love taupe eyes & plum, deep colored lips for autumn. Great post as always 😉

    Sofia | palelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This photo is BEAUTIFUL. I need to get on the Sleek ordering bandwagon, those blushes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photo! I have one of the Estee Lauder cream shadows (in Halo) and absolutely adore it, the formula is awesome. Suede looks like such a nice, understated shade!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can't really go wrong with Suede because it goes with literally anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah they're one of my greatest weaknesses. $30 of irresistible fantasticness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! I'll admit I kind of like seeing them all lumped together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The formula is seriously impressive in terms of durability.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I first read the paragraph, I thought it said "I could sell that fart smell" I had to do a double take lol! I wish we had Nude Compliment here! I'm not a fan of bad to the bronze because it's too warm for me so a cool version sounds right up my alley.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha I actually did the same double take when reading over it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the look of the blushes! Gorgeous :)
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete