9.03.2014

I JUST BLUE MYSELF

For anyone who doesn't watch Arrested Development that is going to be one strange title. To be fair it's strange no matter what. Recently I've had a bit of a thing for blue mascara. It all started when I found pictures of that Stella McCartney's show (granted I'm a few years late in my finding) where Pat McGrath custom mixed a beautiful blue/violet mascara that was painted heavily onto the models lashes. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since. It's such an eye-catching statement. 

So with that inspiration in mind I grabbed a couple of items today that I think go pretty smashingly together... if you like blue that is. The first is MUA's mascara in Electric Blue. And let me tell you it is electric blue. I was pretty impressed with just how much colouration actually appears on the lashes. But to up the ante even more I decided to pair it with the new Rimmel Shadow Stick by Kate in Electric Sapphire. A lot of electric happening here today. They make for a great duo though because, as much as the mascara is beautiful on its own, backing it with the blue liner intensifies the look about ten fold.

Unfortunately with an eye look like this things can go pretty 80's pretty damn fast if you're not careful. So I'm making an effort to simplify everything else. I've avoided any wild lipstick shades and I'm keeping my outfit to monochromatic basics. I think it helps keep things a little more chic.


22 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of colored mascara but I do love a good navy liner! its nice to switch it up every now and again
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post title though. *Dies laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so amazing on you! Really want to be brave enough to try out the blue!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad blues are having a comeback! They were so ridiculed for the lst years, but I love blue eyeshadows, especially on brown eyes!

    MsBubu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed SO much at the title. AD fans unite!
    And I have to say, I am surprised and impressed by how well you pull it off - the last person I saw IRL rocking that combo was my mum in the early nineties, so touché!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This actually looks really lovely! I don't think I'd ever have the courage to try it out, though.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the eyeliner, gorgeous shade! You pull it off so well!

    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cripes that's gorgeous! I absolutely love that shade of blue. Coloured mascaras haven't really hit our drugstores yet, at least I've never really seen them, but the formula of that MUA one sounds pretty good! The shadow crayon looks awesome too.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, oh I got the title right away! Love this look Holly, you pull it off flawlessly ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do it! I know it's kind of out there, but it's good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I like that I got a touche. Thank you. So glad we've got some AD fans in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like one of the only shades that can actually make brown eyes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I could not find one in the drugstore here. It's a bit ridiculous that I shipped from England.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesss. God I love Tobias Funke. My friend made me one of those Analrapist business cards with my name on it once and somehow it ended up on the floor in my bosses office... there is literally no good way to explain why you're an analrapist to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the blue, its so pretty! I remember totally falling in love with blue mascara when I was in primary school and then putting that glitter mascara over the blue, it must have looked so crazy but me and all my friends thought were just the coolest kids, haha! SO glad to see it's coming back in fashion! Your blog is stunning, so happy I've found it! X

    http://www.isthisreallife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! The combination is lovely indeed! But I'm not daring at all, I usually go for plums! :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks so incredible! not sure if I'm brave enough to try it though!


    charlotte from www.charlottesweb8.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete