9.05.2014

AUGUST FAVOURITES

August favourites aren't overwhelmingly exciting folks. I apologize for that, but I got pretty sick for a good chunk of last month and it did not inspire me to get fancy with things. I didn't wear much makeup at all and when I did it was pretty much just a few base products to stop me from looking like death.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
I've been grabbing this concealer for under my eyes recently. Now that I've lost a lot of my tan (hiding indoors to shield to world from your stomach flu will do that to you) the shade Fair is doing the trick for me. It's a bit lighter than my skintone, but that works out quite nicely to brighten things up. It's a good all-rounder concealer. The creamy formula means that it works well under the eyes and it can be easily blended over any areas of general redness. The only thing I wouldn't use this concealer for is covering spots. It's not quite pigmented enough for that. 

Mac Blot Powder
I've mentioned this a few times. It's a nice translucent powder that keeps the shine at bay. I'm a big fan of translucent powders. I find that if I've just covered a spot with concealer, going in with a coloured powder on top can wind up looking cakey. Translucent powders set things in place without having to worry about that. I must admit though, I've recently found a new powder that kind of leaves this one in the dust. I'll talk about that soon. 

Jouer Highlighter in Champagne
I had been having a love affair with the Jemma Kidd Iced Gold Highlighter for ages, but a couple of months ago I finally decided it was time to try something new... something that wasn't discontinued... something that hadn't broken my heart and abandoned me. So I reached my trembling, frail hand out to Jouer. Annnndddd there was love once more. Dramatics aside, this highlighter is actually fantastic. The shade is gorgeous for olive skin tones especially. Unlike Jemma Kidd's Iced Gold, which is a bit more stark, it melds perfectly into my colouring. I love that it's not glittery in any way. It's just a beautiful, natural sheen that makes for a great daytime appropriate highlighter.


Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee
I've really been enjoying this one recently. I don't normally go for nudes quite this deep, but actually with the sheer formula it looks really lovely. This is what I was wearing on my lips in my Glowing Skin For Oily Gals post and I'm pretty pleased with it. The formula, as I'm sure most people know by now, is very nourishing and easy to apply. You don't really need a mirror for these guys.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra
I'm fighting my usual fight with breakouts and as always that means my skin gets dried out from the various anti-acne treatments. This moisturizer is one of the few products I've ever tried that has blown me away. It brings so much moisture back into my skin. Plus it's fantastic for sensitive skin types. I've started only applying it in the evenings though as I think it can be a little too rich for my oily skin in the daytime.


16 comments:

  1. They are all such great picks! I need to try the concealer :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that highlighter! I don't love that concealer, I don't get enough coverage out of it
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Fit me concealer as well, but agree it doesn't cover spots as well, though I still use it for them. The Jouer highlighter sounds so lovely, I really want to try some of their stuff.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your blog is so pretty I'm so glad I found it.

    I might add the Toleriane Ultra to my wishlist then, I'm currently working through my second bottle of Bioderma Hydrabio but I need a change.

    x

    Candice ♣ http://sense-and-sensibility.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Fit Me Concealer is really good for the price, but I hate the packaging. It just leaks and makes me make-up bag dirty!

    That highlighter sounds lovely :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard alot of amazing things about the mac blot powder!

    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I looked at the Bioderma one and I wanted to try it, but then I ended up going to Toleriane Ultra instead because it doesn't have any fragrance. Still tempted to try the Bioderma one one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had that problem yet. Maybe you got a bad tube. Or maybe I just got a good one. The highlighter is lovely. I hope you get a chance to try it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try the Nars Creamy Concealer so that I can compare them because everyone says that Nars one does a good job covering blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky! But yeah, mine might just be a bad tube. The highlighter is on my wishlist now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try the Fit Me concealer, I've heard such good things about it! Creme Brulee looks so pretty too.


    Catherine, xo || Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fit me concealer! I can't seem to pull off nudes but I swatched Creme Brulee in store and it's a very pretty nude!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really curious about the powder as this MAC one is my absolute favourite, I've gone through so many of these! ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah it's a good'n'. It works for a good variety of skin tones.

    ReplyDelete