9.20.2014

LIPSTICK AND A TEE

Is it just me or is there something inherently cool about a bold lip paired with a casual tee? It's kind of like “yeah I'm cool, but I didn't even try... I must have just accidentally rolled onto some lipstick this morning as I dragged myself out of bed. Whatever, I guess I'll keep it on.” I may not actually be that cool and casual, but I'm damn well going to try to look like it. So I recently found two new additions to zee collection that I think pair quite nicely together. The first is this excellent tee from (who'd a thunk it) Old Navy and the other is a thoroughly underrated shade from the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick range.

Ever since looking through Tamira's styling posts, it's had me wanting to find the perfect tee and I think this one comes pretty close for me. It's a rayon mix, which means it falls nicely on the body. The cut is awesome. It's loose enough that it hangs, but it's not awkwardly baggy, and I love the length of the sleeves. And of course, the details are what make the difference. The faux leather trim around the collar looks awesome without completely screaming leather daddy.

Then the lipstick... I've never hear much about Rimmel Kate Moss 109 on the blogosphere, but I love this shade. But hey, I always love a good matte lipstick. For some reason it's really hard to capture on camera, but it's a slightly lighter, muted looking red with orange and pink undertones... but it's still quite bright. Hmm, starting to see why it's hard to capture on camera. It's a great shade if you don't want to go for too bold of a red, but you still want to rock a fun lip. It also pats down very nicely into the lips for an even more toned down version. 'Tis my lipstick of choice lately.

20 comments:

  1. aaand a very good choice it is! Id live to know what other makeup you have on? it's very "tee" appropriate!

    Divya | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to look up this lippy now - I've never heard anyone else mention it! And the tee and lip combo is so cool, I feel like this season is all about that "I'm so cool I don't have to try" vibe that I am definitely on board with!

    http://byhermirror.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. 109 looks so pretty, I need to try it out!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twinsies! http://www.lifesetsail.com/2014/04/fotd-ft-bobbi-brown-art-sticks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would look awesome on your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I can definitely get on board with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure I'm just wearing a bit of bareMinerals foundation, some bronzer and mascara. I don't do much when I'm wearing a bold lip. I always worry about going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look, efortless chic! I'm definitely trying it out! :D

    http://herplaceattheuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look! The red looks amazing on you!


    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you pull this look off extremely well! You definitely have that 'cool and casual' look going on

    Tweezers and Tongs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! And that tee is perfect. I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice. Your hair looks freaking amazing, I'm jealous ;)

    Sofia | palelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sofia. As long as you don't notice the inch of root that needs to be dyed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-thank you! The nerd within me is very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. Seriously, bringing it Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that t shirt! It's so nice! You're right, a bold lip with a casual outfit is the best ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete