9.16.2014

MOISTURIZING HEAVEN FOR OILY SKIN

I am an oily, blemish prone skin kind of person. At the same time I have trouble with dehydrated and flaky skin due to the acne fighting products that I use. I'm guessing I'm not alone in this issue. The dilemma that I end up with is that I want to wear moisturizer during the day to help with the flakiness, but because of my oily disposition I can't stand how greasy my skin feels with moisturizer on. Even most lightweight moisturizers have me looking shiny by midday despite the fact that I powder. So I've been on the hunt for a moisturizer that feels truly weightless and I think I've found one. *Double doors swing open* Enter Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.

It provides light moisturization throughout the day without feeling like you have anything on your skin. You apply it and within seconds it dries down to a matte smooth finish. I was genuinely wowed in that respect. It has a lovely fresh, slightly herbal scent that I don't find at all irritating for my sensitive skin. Granted I don't actually think that this moisturizer is “dramatically different” in terms of its moisturizing ability, but I find it does a fine job to tide me over until the evening when I break out a thicker, richer moisturizer. Plus, if my skin is feeling particularly parched in a certain patch and the Clinique moisturizing gel isn't enough, I can just throw some of my trusty old LRP Cicaplast Baume on top. Being able to wear a moisturizer during the daytime and not feeling like a grease ball after a couple of hours is a new and exciting experience for me.

In terms of price, I'm impressed. I bought the smaller size (which is still fairly large at 1.7oz) this time for $18 Canadian, but I think next time around I'll go for the large, 4.2oz size, which is even better value at $32. The large comes with a handy pump too. Pumps: a lazy man's best friend. Overall, I think Clinique did a fantastic job with this moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin types, but for us oily people, it's a little slice of heaven. 




20 comments:

  1. Oh sounds interesting! I have blemish prone and sensitive skin too but combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this lotion! I swear by Clinque I have extremely oily skin. If you like this lotion try their 3 step.


    Kinkycurlyme@weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have exactly that problem - oily skin but then the dry patches = no win. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the most annoying skin problem combo. It makes it really hard for anything to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, really impressed with Clinique lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I defenitely need to try it.
    If you'd like to check my little blog:
    littletasteofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this a few years ago and I didn't like it, I can't remember exactly why... Sounds great from your review though! I'll keep it in ming next summer when my skin likes lighter textures ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must pick this up, it sounds amazing!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I may have to add this to my wish list!. You should try asample of the Fresh Lotus Preserve moisturizer. Kind of expensive, but is weightless, sinks right into your skin and doesn't feel sticky!


    Velvet Row

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can definitely see it not being moisturizing enough for everyone's taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a lot of good things about this! Really want to try it out now!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used this one for a while! Repurchased it twice even. So yeah, I guess you can say I liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT A LOVELY BLOG!!!Sorry bout the all caps I'm that hyper and supah happy to bump into this blog!Love this post!

    http://heyaqueenbee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently discovered this moisturiser and I am absolutely loving it! Makeup sits really well on top of it too :)

    Tweezers and Tongs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll try to remember that next time I'm in Sephora. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah I thought that too. It almost feels a bit like a primer. Probably because it has a little bit of silicone in it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already know I'll be repurchasing when this one runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should definitely give it a feel next time you're somewhere that stalks it. I just can't get over the fact that it completely dries down.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like exactly what I need, I'm loving LRP Effaclar Mat at the moment :)

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete